Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
This role will work within the Security Programme within IT and its purpose is to support the administration of the programme and its projects such that cost, quality, plan, time, and benefits realisation.
The PMO Analyst will support the Programme Manager and PMO Manager to develop and implement best practices to enable the successful delivery of the Security Programme to stakeholders across the firm. The main responsibilities of the PMO include: scope and business case management; programme vision and blueprint development; benefits and quality management; stakeholder management; portfolio management; programme, tranche and project planning including milestone management; risk and issue management; and vendor management. Integral to delivering these responsibilities will be financial management; maintaining risks, issues, assumptions, actions logs; resource forecasting; change control; dependency management; and programme reporting.
Operationally, the PMO Analyst will support project reporting, management information, document management, minute taking, governance pack production and distribution, resource planning, and action management.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 09:30 - 17:30 (with flexibility around these times to meet deadlines and requirements of the role, as directed by the Security Programme Manager and Lead Security Business Analyst
- Support the Programme Manager and PMO Manager to liaise with project managers, change managers and business analysts regarding all projects in the Security Programme
- Manage document and information distribution, report collation and team communication
- Create and review programme reports
- Monitor project timelines and any risks that may impact project milestones
- Share relevant documentation and reports with project teams
- Develop in-depth understanding of project governance
- Facilitate and set up project gate reviews with project teams
- Facilitate and set up project plan and artefact reviews with project managers
- Set up and systemise an orderly document management folder structure for the Security Programme
- Provide support to project managers and business leaders when requested
- Assist in building a strong team by cultivating relationships between functions and teams and illustrating how individual team members affect the success of the entire project
- Maintain and update project templates
- Facilitate RAID and project delivery meetings
- Ensure project teams maintain their artefacts in the document management system
- Coordinate and distribute governance artefacts, including sponsor group, programme board, and project board packs and minutes
- Follow up on all minutes within sponsor group and programme boardRisk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with the following skills and experience:
- Proven work experience as an analyst or coordinator or similar role
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organisational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Responsibility, autonomy, enthusiasm, humility, drive and a willingness to learn
- Effective relationship builder, internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- High integrity (given to potential sensitivity of subject matter)
- Strong experience in working with main MS office applications (Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
Desired skills and experience:
- Financial literacy with specific reference to a law firm environment
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. MS Project, JIRA or PPM)
- Agile / PMP / PRINCE2 certification