Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
This position is being advertised to lead the technical implementation of a series of enhancements which will enhance and progress the user experience and brand positioning of ashurst.com, our public facing website.
The successful candidate will achieve this through delivery of both new and refreshed website features and templates and ensure our Sitecore content management system aligns with Ashurst's ambition of being the most progressive global law firm
Hours of work
Monday to Friday, 9:30 - 5:30, however you may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementations or support call resolution.
- Review and implement a series of recommendations to improve the end user experience of Ashurst's Sitecore CMS, version 9.3. This will include but not be limited to modification and creation of Sitecore templates and components and associated front end development
- Lead the software development work-stream providing end to end ownership including; input into specification and design, estimation and planning, build, release and support
- Ensure a number of successful iterative upgrades in the production Azure environment, ensuring continued stability of the platform and associated integrations, providing support for any post implementation issues
- Produce documentation to support the solution and assist with knowledge transfer to the internal technical teams
- Contribute to discussions and decisions on software architecture and SDLC practices in relation to Ashurst's Sitecore environment and implement improvements to the benefit of the business
- Work collaboratively to liaise and coordinate actions with Ashurst's internal Development, Digital, Design and Test teams
- Liaise with product owners as required within the role, maintaining a high level of service
- within all aspects of the individual's work
- Testing software to ensure the code meets high expectations of quality and standards
Essential skills and experience:
- Sitecore Certified Developer
- Experience of building and delivering public facing websites and applications using Sitecore 9 on the Azure platform
- Familiar with Sitecore architecture design principles and best practices, including Helix architecture
- Understand and apply Sitecore 9.3 features including personalisation and content testing
- A high level of commercial experience in C# .NET with a strong level of knowledge on Microsoft web development technologies .NET MVC 5 and SQL Server programming
- Familiarity with DevOps practices as well as experience in streamlining deployments with continuous integration and continuous deployment and use of supporting tools e.g. Azure DevOps, Unicorn, TeamCity, OctopusDeploy
- A good eye for detail, ability to work accurately and efficiently even when under pressure
- Ability to complete set tasks with minimal supervision
- Creating and updating technical documentation
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience of Sitecore version 10 is desirable, as is familiarity and prior experience of working with Headless, Containerisation, Docker and .net Core
- SOLR search configuration and implementation knowledge
- Effective team-working, communication and interpersonal skills, maintaining and building working relationships with colleagues and clients;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think efficiently and creatively
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag manager would be advantageous.