Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our award-winning digital services team as a legal technology analyst. In this role you will be responsible for implementing and supporting technology-based services and solutions for our internal and external clients. It would be beneficial for the legal technology analyst to have some prior hands-on experience working with a range of technology solutions, ideally including automation, AI, collaboration, low/no-code tools or some coding experience, but training on our specific toolkit will be provided. Prior experience working in a legal environment is a huge plus but not essential; we are looking for tech enthusiasts from all backgrounds who are keen to learn how to use technology to improve ways of working and delight our diverse customer base. You will be a part of the team responsible for delivering digital transformation within Ashurst.
- Managing digital service and support requests.
- Automating legal documents, tasks and processes using the Ashurst Advance Digital technology "toolkit".
- Managing and building client portal solutions.
- Using low-code and no-code tools to deliver digital service solutions and other online interfaces meeting our technical quality standards.
- Assisting with team reporting and financial management.
- Assisting with the delivery of team, firm and client training sessions.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Technologist Skills: Good technical skills with experience in implementation of technology solutions for clients/customers and providing high quality service and support in relation to such solutions preferred. Able to self-manage workload, prioritise and deliver work to deadlines.
- Communication Skills: Communicates clearly and effectively, demonstrates ability to adapt to different styles and behaviours. Works collaboratively across a global team. Can clearly understand instructions and is not afraid to ask for clarity or challenge instructions where appropriate.
- Personal Skills: Meticulous attention to detail, consistently works at a very high standard without supervision. A problem-solver and people-pleaser by nature. Shows resilience and ability to develop from constructive feedback.
Desired skills and experience
- Some understanding of and interest in evolving areas of technology such as automation, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, big data, and data visualisation.
- Prior experience or exposure to legal or other professional services delivery is preferred.
- Flexible, willing to adapt your approach to the audience and circumstances, and able to harness ambiguity to shape new opportunities and approaches.
- Experience in front-end or middleware development a big plus.