Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area Information Technology
Role: Data Architect - 12 month FTC
Reporting to: Head of Enterprise Architecture
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 09.30 to 17.30. You will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties, noting that some projects contain global stakeholders so call times may need to be adjusted to overlap.
Department/ Role Overview:
- Ashurst is transforming its target operating model and the way it delivers essential business services in support of the employee and client lifecycles, making it easier to do business with (and within) Ashurst.
- A key area of Ashurst's transformation will be developing the data architecture and data management to enable the effective use of data to capitalise on its competitive advantages.
- Working within the Data Strategy Programme across the different work streams as well as transforming data models, processes and solutions.
- The Enterprise Architecture Function provides services for the entire company, both internal and client facing transforming Ashurst into an integrated environment that is responsive to change.
- Develop and maintain the target Data Architecture and Roadmap which enables the Business Architecture while enabling achievement of Ashurst's strategic aims.
- Identify candidate Architecture Roadmap components based upon gaps between the Baseline and Target Data Architectures.
- Work with the Data Analytics & Governance Team to develop and create conceptual, contextual, logical and physical data models to support the use of data across Ashurst.
- Provide guidance on the development of data standards, guidelines, processes, data structures and architectures for data modelling and design.
- Evaluate and advise on emerging data collection, analysis and integration technologies.
- Aid in the development of Business Service/Information diagrams detailing key data entities required by the main business services.
- Aid efforts to improve business performance through enterprise information solutions and capabilities, such as master data management (MDM), metadata management, analytics, content management, and data integration.
- Working with the Data Strategy Programme to input into the overall plan to aid in data and information security, integration, data handling and compliance. To minimize risk by aiding in the definition of data classifications and data zoning. To aid in the analysis of data and analytics security requirements and solutions.
- Ensure project design deliverables adhere to Ashurst's Architectural and Security principles.
- Provide guidance and support on data architecture and integration to project teams. Responsible for identifying and recommending common data and integration technologies, frameworks and approaches for use by project teams.
- Design of data governance and compliance requirements to manage the governance aspects of data entities throughout its lifecycle.
- Working with the Risk and Compliance function to ensure all global legal and client data requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure that Enterprise Architecture is, and is recognised as, a valuable asset to Ashurst LLP.
- Working with the Head of EA and EA team to continuously improve the maturity of Ashurst's Data Architecture, Data Principles and Data Privacy Principles.
- Take ownership and create the data building blocks and data entity/data component catalogues within the EA repository.
- Relationship manager between agreed technology partners and Ashurst LLP and act a point of escalation between IT and the technology partner.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to engage stakeholders and find alignment/consensus in the design of data and integration solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people at all levels, internally and externally with proven ability to influence senior leaders strategic thinking in line with organisation priorities.
- Ability to communicate complex data concepts in an engaging manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate the impact of information and integration services and return on investment.
- Industry certified to TOGAF level 2 or equivalent.
- Understanding of data management issues.
- Understanding of data and privacy regulations such as GDPR, DPA, CCPA, OAIC Privacy Act.
- Database/Repository Design.
- Understanding of Data Analysis.
Desired skills and experience
- Professional services experience in a global firm.
- Understanding of Unified Modelling Languages such as ArchiMate.
- Understanding of EA tools such as Orbus iServer.