Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The Change & Business Improvement (CBI) function helps to identify, plan and deliver the programmes required to drive the change we need to execute our strategic plan. The CBI Change Management team ensures there is a strong connection between programmes and end user functions so expectations, commitments and benefits can be managed, leading to the successful transition of business change.
To support the roll out of major projects our team is looking to hire an experienced Change Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Head of Business Change and working closely with the Legal Transformation team this role will work supporting change initiatives across all aspects of the firm. The firm is going through an exciting period of change, on a global basis, to ensure we are at the forefront of best practice in the legal industry, with this role playing a key part in engaging staff and guaranteeing a smooth implementation. While the role will be based in London you will be working on international projects with a global team which may require additional hours from time to time to facilitate projects.
- Prepare people for the change, to minimise its impact on individuals and the business, and to enable the firm to realise expected benefits
- Delivery of the change management activities for assigned projects in the Legal Transformation Programme (LTP)
- These include stakeholder mapping and engagement plans, identifying benefits, change impact assessments, managing change agent network, business readiness workshops and post go live adoption activities
- Help to build effective relationships with stakeholders to raise their awareness and understanding of the change, manage expectations about what the change will and won't deliver, and to win their support and active participation where required in the delivery of change activities
- Help to coordinate project communications across the LTP projects. This might involve the creation of comms plans, collaboration within project teams to create content and execution of comms plans
- Ensure comms are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Work with internal programme teams to manage dependencies on change activities and ensure the change approach is understood
- Work within the Business Change function to ensure there is a consistent approach to change management across the firm
- Input to maintain the Change Roadmap and manage associated risks and issues
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of successfully managing business change within a legal or professional services company
- Proven skills and knowledge of change management disciplines, approaches, tools and methodologies
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across all levels both verbally and in writing
- Able to influence outcomes at a mid-senior level within the organisation
- Working within a structured project framework
- A good eye for detail; ability to work accurately and effectively even when under pressure
- Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/procedures
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of all elements of the project lifecycle
- Able to manage business change activities within a large global transformation programme
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach
- Effective time management
- Client focused
Desired skills and experience:
- Qualified PROSCI professional
- Experience of working within a legal environment