Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Our internal recruitment team is dedicated to finding the best people for the firm and providing top-tier service to our stakeholders.
With 7 Recruiters based across the UK we manage the end-to-end recruitment of all legal, business support and partner roles on a national basis. We're a close-knit, fun team with a national and international presence and a strong track-record and rapport within the firm
As a result of exponential growth across the firm, and a drive to increase the quality of service we provide to the firm, we are looking to hire an enthusiastic Talent Resourcer in Glasgow to support our team nationally. This role will be dedicated to proactively identifying and engaging with top legal talent in the market to fill current and future vacancies. This role will be dedicated talent attraction efforts of qualified lawyers across the UK. Your days will be focused on:
- Supporting the UK legal recruitment team (Resourcing Manager and Resourcing Advisor) with interview scheduling
- Liaising with external recruitment agencies throughout recruitment processes
- Developing market maps and candidate pipelines through a range of platforms including LinkedIn Recruiter
- Reaching out to passive candidates and engaging with them over an extended period of time
- With the help of our Recruiters, coming up with innovative sourcing strategies to find talent in competitive and niche fields
- Supporting/designing marketing campaigns to enhance the company's market presence and attract candidates
- Maintaining and updating the candidate management systems and files
- Assisting the Recruiters to shortlist applications and run end-to-end recruitment processes on an ad hoc basis
- Reporting on market information and results from mapping/headhunting activities
- Working on various ad-hoc projects for the recruitment team
Essential skills and experience:
- Ideally you will have some recruitment experience, either from an agency or in-house environment.
- Highly motivated and passionate about recruitment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (verbal and written communication, relationship building, stakeholder management, customer service)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to work autonomously and within your team or project group
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience and confidence in proactively headhunting candidates, engaging with passive talent and maintaining on-going communication with them over an extended period of time
- Experience of sourcing within candidate short markets including utilising CRM systems and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Experience of using recruitment technology (CVMail or other applicant tracking systems)
- Previous legal or professional services experience would be advantageous