Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
This is a Senior Server Engineer role within our global Server & Compute Team. The role covers the day-to-day, 'business as usual' tasks to support all IT systems at a 3rd & 4th Line level as well as being periodically assigned to various Projects. As, a senior engineer, within the Team you will be be an SME on key parts of our Technology stack and you would be a Point of Contact for IT Architecture and Project Managers, during the scoping\design phase of new Projects. You would be expected to act as a mentor to less experienced members of the Team.
Nominally 9:00 am - 17:30 pm Monday to Friday. You will be expected to manage your time as your workload requires & we fully support a flexible working approach allowing you to choose to work from home or, from our newly refurbished Office in Glasgow City Centre, as you see fit. You will be required to be part of an On Call Rota and there will be a requirement, to occasionally work outside of core hours to support Project work, Changes, general system maintenance or, liaise with fellow engineers in our other global Offices.
- 3rd -4th Line Support of all core Infrastructure Systems across all Global Datacentres & office Locations
- Proactive maintenance of all Core Infrastructure Systems
- Resolution of all logged Incidents & Service Requests.
- Supporting Major Incident resolution activities.
- Working proactively with Vendors to resolve Incidents and Problems
- Working closely with Operations Teams globally to provide seamless support across regions & time zones to our user community.
- Working collaboratively with other IT teams and business areas as required.
- Mentoring & supporting the development of other members of the Team.
- Providing and maintaining internal procedural and technical documentation.
- Acts as SME across key areas of our Technology Stack
- Maintains a high level of security awareness working proactively with our CyberOps to protect our IT Systems.
- Adheres strictly to all IT processes and procedures particular those relating to Change Control & the security of our systems ensuring all activities are carried out in strict compliance with all regulatory requirements and Internal policies.
- Working with project managers to deliver projects to agreed design and standards
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
Technical Skills and experience:
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Excellent security awareness
- Active Directory and supporting technologies - DNS, DHCP, GPO, Sites & Services etc
- Windows Server 2012-2019
- Vmware - qualifications preferred but not essential
- ADFS & MFA technologies.
- Storage systems - preferably HP and Dell
- Server hardware - blade, standalone and converged systems
- Certificate Authorities
- Powershell scripting
- Backup and replication technologies
- Azure & & Azure AD Sync & Microsoft 365
Desired skills and experience:
- An solid understanding of LAN / WAN technologies.
- Citrix or other VDI technologies
- Skype for Business - On prem
- MS Teams
- Exchange 2016
- Sql Server
- Zerto replication
- Networker & Data Domain Backups
- ITIL certification