About Ashurst: Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
As a Senior Legal Cashier you will work within an engaging and stimulating environment, you will have the chance to play an important role in the company's day-to-day operations and supporting the smooth running of a medium size legal cashier team. ,transacting with both banks and clients on a regular basis.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:30.
- Performing Bank Reconciliations
- Allocating and posting office and client account credits
- Uplifting and lodging monies on deposit accounts
- Calculation of Interest on Client funds
- Dealing with overseas payments
- Setting up payments using online banking services
- Posting and payment of Client Disbursements
- Checking bills for unpaid disbursements
- Action Client to office transfers
- Action office to client transfers
- Chasing Counsel for VAT Tax Invoices
- Raising office and client cheques
- Returning duplicate or overpayments of bills
- Reversing and reposting of bill credits
- Client and office account cheque reconciliation
- Month end processing
- Management and reporting of client balances
- Controls performed to ensure SRA compliance
- Support colleagues as required
- Dealing with ad hoc queries presented to the team
- Dealing with the cashier group inbox
- Supporting the Cashier Manager in the running of the team as required
- Supporting the Cashier Manager and team on large upcoming projects
Essential skills and experience:
- Highly Numerate with keen attention to detail
- Strong background experience of working within a large International Law Practice
- Excellent knowledge of the Solicitors' Accounts Rules or ILFM qualified
- Strong excel skills
- Knowledge of key banking software systems
- Effective communicator with the ability to communicate orally or in writing.
- Confident polite telephone manner, tactful and diplomatic when under pressurised situations
- Effective team working and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner at all times with key stakeholders
- Experience of working alone or in a team under supervision maintaining good working relationships with colleagues at all times
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible to work longer hours when required