Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst Advance Reach was launched in November 2019 and is our legal flexible resourcing platform . Ashurst Advance Reach allows us to further extend our Ashurst Advance service offering and provide Ashurst's clients with a fully integrated service ranging from top end legal advice to high quality managed legal services to integrated law firm led flexible resourcing.
Ashurst Advance combines NewLaw expertise, an innovative and collaborative approach and an ability to deliver solutions beyond the immediate deliverables, to help solve our clients' business challenges and create value for our clients. We bring together the firm's legal and industry experts, our process and technology capability, and a scalable range of cost-effective resourcing options in a fully integrated, managed and quality assured offering to deliver results which are aligned with our clients' needs.
Our Ashurst Advance Reach flexible resourcing offering provides highly experienced contract lawyers when and where the firm need them - for a particular matter or to fulfil a client secondment. Through our extensive network of contract lawyers, including Ashurst alumni, we can also meet direct client needs for short to medium term contract lawyer placements to support peaks in demand, specific project requirements or to backfill leave.
This newly created role will report into the Senior Operations Manager, based in the UK and will work with the Ashurst Advance Reach team across both the UK and Australia to provide excellent operational delivery of the service. Working collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver a first class flexible resourcing service.
Hours of work - Core hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 - 5:30
You may be required to work additional hours to meet specific deadlines and/or facilitate project implementations. As this is a role supporting a global team some flexibility is required.
- Support the Senior Operations Manager to deliver the day to day activities and requirements for Ashurst Advance Reach UK, but with potential to expand to support other locations as required
- Support the Senior Operations Manager in production of relevant MI and market information
- Partner with legal practice areas and build relationships with key contacts to promote Ashurst Advance Reach and extend the adoption of the service
- Liaise with external providers and internal practice areas to build an Ashurst "bench" of consultants
- Respond to and manage Reach flexible resourcing requests throughout the full lifecycle
- Effectively collaborate with a range of internal business services teams to create, optimise and improve processes linked to the Reach flexible resourcing lifecycle
- Act as an Ashurst point of contact for Reach resources, fielding questions related to all stages on the contract lifecycle
- Support the continued build out of internal communications and BD material to promote and expand the adoption of Ashurst Advance Reach
- Ensure all compliance processes are met
- Assist with month end billing process
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- High degree of initiative, pro-activity and problem solving skills, with a willingness to take ownership for the completion of tasks/projects and deliver innovative solutions to improve systems or work practices.
- Previous experience in a professional services environment either in Resourcing, HR or Administration
- Preferably with previous knowledge of the legal sector
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and managing a high volume of tasks.
- Exemplary attention to detail and efficient self-management of workload;
- Able to build positive relationships across teams, functions and roles; and
- Ability to positively approach new challenges in the context of continuous improvement and change
- Strong technically in all Microsoft applications
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to understand the commercial drivers of a legal practice, interpret data and apply client knowledge to a situation
- Strong written communication skills and keen attention to detail, with the ability to draft correspondence, presentations, pitch documents and slide packs quickly and accurately.