Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The purpose of our shared services function is to deliver a one stop shop service to our colleagues based across the globe. We achieve this through excellent customer service, collaboration and being easy to do business with.
Within this role you and your team are responsible for the delivery of our employee lifecycle processes as well as providing support to our HR/L&OD/Graduate recruitment teams.
Monday to Friday, 9 - 5:30 OR 8.30 - 5 with some flexibility required
Generalist HR responsibilities, including:
- Processing all employee lifecycle events to a high quality and agreed service levels. This includes onboarding, staff movements, off boarding and exit interviews learning & development administration.
- Resolving & processing all employee and Partner enquiries via the HR ticketing system to ensure accurate recording and reporting.
- Working with 3rd party suppliers in the completion of lifecycle events e.g. employee relocation, background checking, visa requests.
- Updating the HR systems and notifying changes to payroll where relevant.
- Providing administration support and handling first level queries relating to the annual HR calendar of activities eg. performance appraisals and remuneration review
- Providing first line advice on policies and procedures
- Providing timely and accurate management information and data
- Administering Practising Certificate renewals
- Recommend and implement improvements to HR administration processes
- Support change management initiatives
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in HR, payroll, Reward & HRIS
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems
- Act as a role model of the firm's values and able to exercise exemplary levels of discretion
- Champion continuous improvement
- Maintaining of electronic HR files
Essential skills and experience:
- HR administration experience
- Highly customer focused
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong relationship building skills
- Experience in problem solving queries through to a satisfactory conclusion
- Proven experience in delivering multiple priorities
- Collaborative team player, able to work as part of a virtual service delivery team
- Experience working with ambiguity
- Diversity champion
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working with HR systems preferably Oracle Fusion