Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
You will be responsible for exceptional vision and leadership to a global team who are responsible for providing a client-focused and exceptional technology support service to the firm.
This role will oversee and lead all aspects of the Global IT Service Desk and requires strong leadership, problem solving skills and excellent communication skills.
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours a day. Working hours will vary due to the demands of the role,
You may be required to work such additional hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
- Ownership and management of all aspects of the 24x7 Global IT Service Desk team ensuring consistent, excellent and reliable support to clients to agreed service levels.
- Responsible for development and documentation of processes and procedures to support service levels, using ITIL and information security best practices.
- Monitor solutions outcomes quality and customer satisfaction.
- Systematically analyse performance data, track availability against relevant service levels and report regularly. Escalate potential service failures and security risks and recommend actions to improve service reliability.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure service delivery is in line with expectations, including security and compliance requirements.
- Develop and drive the delivery of continuous service improvement plans and improvement activities.
- Responsible for proactively managing all service-related communications in a timely and professional manner. Utilise a wide range of styles, tools and techniques to ensure message adoption.
- Proactive involvement in Project Initiation through to Service Transition to ensure smooth handover to support and operationalisation of services.
- Lead and develop the team to create a high performance, engaged, client-focused team culture that supports our strategy.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and information sharing to enable healthy discussion and robust decision making with the client at the centre.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrated success at least 5 years in leading, building and managing a busy, well-structured service delivery function across multiple locations.
- At least 5 years' experience delivering ITIL-based IT services in a law firm or similar/professional environment.
- ITIL v4 qualifications and demonstrated ITIL process and procedure acumen.
- Professional attitude at all times.
- Experience managing a large team; currently team consists of 35+ staff, with 8 direct reports.
- Excellent Customer Service skills; working to provide a responsive, effective and personable IT support service to exceed our customer expectations.
- Highly motivated. Uses initiative with a positive and can do attitude.
- Analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Flexible approach to role.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise, communicate and build good working relationships with all levels of staff within IT and across the firm globally.
- Ability to identify business impacting incidents and escalate according to the escalation process.
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and problem solving skills.