Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The Financial Systems team works with the business to assist in defining and delivering the firms strategy and processes, while also providing a stable platform for day to day tasks.
The successful applicant will provide first line support of the firm's practice management/financial systems and perform certain data maintenance and quality assurance tasks to help ensure the integrity of those systems.
This role would allow an experienced individual with commercial software experience to cross skill in to this role.
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 5:30, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
- Provide first line support for all financial applications
- Track all logged calls through IT Service desk, ensuring that calls are completed according to SLA.
- Co-ordination with team members in other regions to hand over calls to provide the firm with 24 x 7 cover.
- Maintain data integrity though daily reconciliations using System Reports, SQL to investigate variances.
- Monitor system services and scheduled tasks e.g. BizTalk and other integrations
- Provide support, trouble-shooting and ad-hoc training to finance teams worldwide.
- Test application upgrades, check functionality and deploy in line with firm's change control policy.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing tasks.
- Preparation and maintenance of global finance systems support documentation.
- Perform data maintenance and quality assurance tasks on new client/matter data integrated to the practice management system from the new business intake system.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven track record of working with and understanding of Finance processes
- Problem solving and task management skills
- Advanced analytical and financial skills
- Understanding of client needs
- Ability to work under pressure, deal with tight deadlines and demonstrate flexibility as required to perform the role
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Ability to complete set tasks with minimal supervision
- Good communicator, the ability to communicate orally or in writing, confident telephone manner, tactful and diplomatic when under pressurised situations
Desired skills and experience:
- Advanced Excel
- Project implementation skills/experience
- Knowledge of the practice management systems or similar
- Application testing and training aptitude
- Microsoft T-SQL experience may be useful
- Experience working in a financial systems support