Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Overall responsibility for Global switchboard. Meeting room bookings and facility helpdesk reporting.
Hours of work -
24 hours per week. To include two evenings per week. 17:00-23:00
However, you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
- Handle all incoming telephone calls promptly, providing a warm courteous welcome.
- Handle internal enquires swiftly and efficiently.
- Booking of meeting rooms request, to include correct layout and services are booked.
- Assisting with booking of Video conferences and ensuring correct meeting room is booked for facilities required.
- Updating system with accurate connection information for Video conferences.
- Report facility requests to relevant team.
- Responding to email queries professionally and taking ownership of query.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Able to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment and business awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to liaise and communicate effectively at all levels across the firm and offices
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and use initiative
- A proactive and flexible attitude
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience of a similar role in a professional services company would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a global team
- Knowledge and experience of Trimble booking system
- Excel skills