Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - ASC FINANCE
Role: Global E-Billing Manager
Reporting to: Global Working Capital Manager
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 5:30, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
Department/ Role Overview:
Lead the global e-billing team, based in Glasgow and Brisbane, delivering a first class service to our clients, partners and colleagues.
Shape the team and our service offering, to exceed expectations of our stakeholders and
develop a strong recruitment brand.
As the e-billing Process Owner, ensure Ashurst is at the forefront of market best practice and lead and embed a culture of continuous improvement whilst ensuring we have strong governance and controls.
Ability to manage and motivate a team, and deliver exceptional client service to key stakeholders. This will include a thorough understanding of end to end processes and the overall control environment. In addition the candidate will be required to strongly support the transformation of any new processes, robustly embedding into BAU change initiatives. Specific responsibilities include:-
- Manage a high performing, customer-centric global E-billing Team, serving as part of Ashurst Service Central (ASC).
- Support staff to deliver a consistently great performance every day for our clients, andOversee the day-to-day operational support of the team, setting and hitting service level
- Develop the skills of the team so they can meet their KPIs; ensure they have SMART goals and development plans in place, to motivate and grow in-line with their personal development goals and future direction of team.Manage the e-billing process ensuring quality and timely measures are achieved
- Drive standardisation of processes globally, where possible, and identify ways to automate and make improvements to service levels.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of specifications, definitions and requirements of the various electronic billing systems used by the Firm's billing teams.
- Ensuring all activities are documented with quarterly review of all procedures.
- Proactively support transformation projects through SME support
- Proactively drive process improvement to seek and identify enhancements to the e- billing process
- Provide regular MI for senior stakeholders and identify actions and improvements.
- Act as a primary contact for our Key Stakeholders across e-billing activities, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Establish positive working relationships with key stakeholders and maintain regular contact responding to feedback and performance issues in a timely manner.
- Work closely with colleagues in the billing, rates and credit management to ensure bills are uploaded in an efficient and timely matter to reduce delays in invoice collections.
- Be a role model of the ASC Ways of Working in line with documented requirements, promoting and embedding the ethos and culture across the team, including meeting KPIs, to maximise quality and accuracy of outputs whilst monitoring feedback to inform improvements in process and performance.
- Work independently with limited supervision to complete assigned tasks while keeping in mind the needs of relevant Firm stakeholders and prioritizing work as appropriate.
- Exchange ideas and information effectively, efficiently, and logically, while working with contacts globally.
- Exercise required degree of tact and diplomacy when dealing with others and in handling sensitive issues.
- Address in a diligent and timely manner all inquiries and special projects from management and internal and external clients.
- Accurately, timely and comprehensively report to management on status of assigned objectives and responsibilities.
- Proactively monitor the market for the latest thought leadership and best practice to allow us to be market leaders in our e-billing offering and build a strong recruitment
- Promote diversity across ASC Finance including steps to progress towards meeting the firm's diversity targets by 2022 through participation in local groups and events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Risk and Control:
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Improving finance operational processes within a strong control environment
- Work with the ASC Business Assurance Lead to assess risk and embed effective internal controls and business assurance activities.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience of billing or e-billing processes preferably in a legal or professional services environment
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor your team
- Proactive and self-motivated work ethos
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to develop and maintain relations at various levels within and outside the firm.
- Proactive, innovative and results-oriented.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow upon own initiative
- Knowledge of e-billing file formats (LEDES) and e-billing file delivery via the E-billing HUB.
- Good numeric, analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Good Excel skills.
- Previous knowledge and understand of VAT regulations.
- Working knowledge of 3E practice management system or similar practice management system.