Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - Information Technology
Role: Application Architect - 12 Month FTC
Reporting to: Head of Enterprise Architecture
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:30 however, will be required to work such hours as are necessary to perform duties
Ashurst is transforming its target operating model and the way it delivers essential business services in support of the employee and client lifecycles, making it easier to do business with (and within) Ashurst.
A key area of Ashurst's transformation will be developing the application architecture.
The Enterprise Architecture Function provides services for the entire company, both internal and client facing transforming Ashurst into an integrated environment that is responsive to change.
- Develop and maintain the target Application Architecture and Roadmap which enables the Business Architecture while enabling achievement of Ashurst's strategic aims.
- Identify candidate Architecture Roadmap components based upon gaps between the Baseline and Target Application Architectures.
- Working with the Head of EA and EA team to continuously improve the maturity of Ashurst's Application Principles.
- Identify appropriate tools and techniques to be used for capture, modelling, and analysis, in association with the selected Application Architecture viewpoints.
- Create and maintain the baseline Application Portfolio and Interface Catalogue.
- Develop and create conceptual, contextual, logical and physical models to support the use of data and operations across Ashurst.
- Develop application and integration standards, guidelines, processes, structures and architectures for modelling and design.
- Mapping of applications to their purpose in supporting the business; and demonstrating associations from applications to data, through the business-information diagrams developed during Business Architecture.
- Identify user and organizational dependencies on applications.
- In the case of packaged applications, confirm and define configuration options, add-on modules, or application services that may be applied to the solution.
- For custom developed applications, identify the high-level structure of the application in terms of modules or subsystems as a foundation to organize design activity.
- Identify and create required application, process and software diagrams for different viewpoints according to the requirements of the stakeholders.
- Provide requirements input into Data and Technology Architectures.
- Ensure project design deliverables adhere to Ashurst's Architectural and Security principles.
- Provide guidance and support on application architecture and integration to project teams. Responsible for identifying and recommending common integration technologies, frameworks and approaches for use by project teams.
- Ensure that Enterprise Architecture is, and is recognised as, a valuable asset to Ashurst LLP.
- Take ownership and create the application building blocks and application matrices within the EA repository.
- Relationship manager between agreed technology partners and Ashurst LLP and act a point of escalation between IT and the technology partner.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to engage stakeholders and find alignment/consensus in the design of application and integration solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people at all levels, internally and externally with proven ability to influence senior leaders strategic thinking in line with organisation priorities.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in an engaging manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate the impact of services and return on investment.
- Industry certified to TOGAF level 2 or equivalent.
Desired skills and experience
- Professional services experience in a global firm.
- Understanding of Unified Modelling Languages such as ArchiMate.
- Understanding of EA tools such as Orbus iServer.