CMS are looking for a Paralegal to provide a professional support service to the Infrastructure, Construction and Energy Disputes team based in our London office. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
* Supporting our team of lawyers with legal tasks related to the case load of the team, typically consisting of high value and technically complex disputes concerning infrastructure, construction and engineering projects throughout the UK and internationally.
* Assisting with disclosure processes, including with reviewing documents.
* Reviewing, checking and collating documents, ensuring that we achieve the high standards of accuracy and presentation which our clients expect.
* Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of bundles for Court, arbitration and adjudication proceedings.
* Legal research.
* Proof-reading. About You
* A degree in Law or Business Law or previous paralegal experience in an office or legal environment would be advantageous
* Experience of involvement in large-scale litigation and/or arbitration, including disclosure processes and production of hearing bundles, would be an advantage
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, challenging environment to tight deadlines
* Organised, disciplined and thorough with a high degree of attention to detail
* Ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders and clients Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion
pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-LM1