We have an opportunity for two Junior Secretaries to join us in our Edinburgh and Glasgow office providing a high quality and efficient secretarial/administrative service to fee-earners as required with support, guidance and mentoring from more experienced secretarial colleagues. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
Reporting directly to the Secretarial Services Manager, responsibilities will include a wide variety of general miscellaneous administrative tasks to include, but not limited to:
* Printing, scanning and copying
* Electronic filing
* Uploading and downloading documents to/from internal and external data sites
* Collating and preparing documents for engrossment
* Arranging travel and accommodation and booking meeting rooms
* Dealing with all aspects of matter administration
* Copy-typing and digital dictation as required
* Amending short documents as required
* Processing fee-earner expenses on Chrome River in a timely manner
* Liaison with Business Development, Marketing, Events and Finance Teams with a view to supporting them on specific team-based tasks
* Assisting other Practice-Groups where necessary About You
You will have a standard grade or equivalent in Administration, English and Maths. You will be adaptable to change whilst maintaining a professional approach, demonstrating high levels of client care, organisational and time management skills.
Previous office experience is preferred but not essential. You will have a proactive and enthusiastic approach with high levels of IT literacy, superb attention to detail and the ability to learn new systems quickly. Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion
pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-LM1