We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to join our Technology Delivery team within IT in our London office on a permanent basis.
This Manager level role will assist the business in the production of business cases that quantify potential business benefits and then works with stakeholders to analyse, review, define, and document business requirements, functions and processes, identifying opportunities for improvement where possible and ensuring change is successfully embedded.
Role and responsibilities
- Work with the business to identify/analyse change and define how products and services can best be used.
- Work with project stakeholders to ensure that cost-effective, timely & appropriate solutions are implemented, within agreed quality standards.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the business, Global IT and suppliers.
- Support product/service/vendor selection processes.
- Support changes to operational processes, procedures and organisational structure, understanding and communicating the impact.
- Produce appropriate project documentation, defining scope, impact and benefits of proposed changes.
- Analyse & document business processes; identifying alternative solutions and new approaches, where appropriate.
- Consistently document business analysis deliverables in line with departmental standards.
- Contribute toward the development of Business Analysis and wider IT best practice.
- Define and estimate the business analysis deliverables required on a per project basis, helping to drive quality across the board.
Key skills and experience
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills, with confidence to deliver at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix managed environment and to informally lead others with integrity.
- Solid experience working on large scale, complex projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to balance conflicting needs and priorities.
- Strong & creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work across multiple projects concurrently ensuring timely delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships.
- Identify & highlight improvement opportunities (proactively as well as reactively).
- Strong experience of providing business analysis through all stages of the project lifecycle.
- A highly motivated self-starter.
- Extensive experience working as a Business Analyst across the full SDLC.
- Commercial acumen and awareness, including an understanding of the overall picture of IT service delivery.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience working across multiple sectors.
- BCS Business Analysis Diploma (part or full qualified).
- Experience working in multiple project delivery methodologies including Agile/ SCRUM experience.
- General knowledge of the IT market and trends.
- Experience in mentoring other Business Analysts.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.