We are currently recruiting for an Administrator to join our Fuse management team in London on a six month contract. The Fuse Administrator will have a wide-ranging administrative role, ensuring that all aspects of the Fuse operation runs smoothly. In particular, they will have responsibility for day-to-day office management matters affecting the tech-space. They will also take ownership for organising and coordinating events and will work collaboratively with the Fuse PA to ensure joined up support for the Fuse office and each other.
The position will suit an individual with high attention to detail, who is organised, resilient and collaborative, but who can work autonomously and thrives in a less structured working environment.
Fuse by Allen & Overy
Fuse, our tech innovation space, exists to fuel a culture of digital innovation in the legal sector. By seeking out and supporting best-in-class technologies, even those at a very early stage, we demonstrate A&O’s commitment to investing in the future.
Through Fuse we enable our clients, and A&O lawyers, to co-develop ideas with some of the brightest and most promising entrepreneurs, putting lawyers at the heart of product development. We provide a collaborative learning lab where teams can experiment with, develop and test the latest legal, regulatory and deal-related solutions, acting as a technology radar and enabling first-hand experience of emerging technologies.
Since opening in 2017 Fuse has received 9,000 client visits and hosted 27 tech companies, each resident for 6-9 months, putting it at the heart of the legaltech ecosystem. With each new cohort of entrepreneurs, we take the opportunity to focus on different opportunities; most recently fintech, selected in conjunction with A&O’s leading financial institution clients. Regardless of which challenge we choose to tackle, access to and collaboration with A&O’s clients and legal subject matter experts remains a key driver in tech companies wanting to join Fuse.
Fuse forms part of A&O’s wider Advanced Delivery & Solutions businesses, providing broader technology, resourcing and specialist consulting services to help clients overcome the frustration of outdated and inefficient ways of working and enable them to better manage risk, reduce cost and become more resilient.
Role and responsibilities
To provide administrative support to the Fuse team and the Head of Fuse, including event organisation, post event reporting, inbox management and general coordination and communication on behalf of the department.
- Work with the Fuse PA to take events through form the initial brief and management to completion, whether on or offsite, and follow up
- Support the onboarding of Fuse cohorts, including administration pertaining to Vero checks
- Maintaining and analysing data records of visitors and occupants of the tech-space and events, and of any wider contribution made by the tech-space to client relationships, revenue generation or to A&O’s brand or business
- Coordination of agendas and action points of key meetings, including the ‘week ahead’ spreadsheet
- Monitoring and updating the Fuse Hub
- Taking ownership for administration relating to client ‘show and tells’
- Updating Fuse trackers
- Logging items from the week ahead on Epic Weekly
- Suggesting and implementing organisational and administrative initiatives, especially with regards to improving efficiency within the tech-space
- Providing administrative support to clients and staff, as required, such as printing, copying, scanning, courier requests etc. Obtain work from meeting rooms when requested i.e. photocopying, typing and faxing and ensure that any documents/faxes left unattended are delivered to the appropriate individual.
- A team player, self-start, motivated, versatile and able to effectively prioritise
- Exceptional administrative and organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Calm under pressure and able to assess and prioritise workload in a deadline oriented environment
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve is essential
- Knowledge of A&O and its personnel or at least of a major law firm or other professional services firm
- Confident and effective communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills – with occupants of the tech-space, A&O partners and associates, A&O support functions, clients and suppliers
- Advanced technology and AV skills, ideally not limited to Microsoft Office or similar, and curiosity about how technology and can affect modern law firms, companies and financial institutions
- Familiarity with the world of start-ups and incubators would be an advantage
- Experience of managing events or office management would be an advantage
- Willingness to work extra hours when required (e.g. for breakfast seminars and evening events).
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.