Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic team, which supports our lawyers in providing first- class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted to home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people. We all look forward to returning to our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart if the City of London, when it is safe and appropriate for us to do so, where we enjoy a range of excellent facilities.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are looking for a skilled professional to join our Technology team. As a Project Coordinator, you will provide key support to the project managers who help to deliver a number of critical technology projects across the firm.
We are recruiting a Project Coordinator to work within the Technology Team, based at the firm’s Head Office in London. This role is designed to provide additional resource to the PMO team at a strategically important time. The primary function of the role is to support the PMO Head and project managers across the portfolio of work taking place. Key duties will revolve around keeping projects on track and running smoothly, Some of the key tasks will be centred around – Planning certain parts of the projects with the potential to run some of the smaller work items, Monitoring of progress across the portfolio, coordination of meetings and general oversight of the team and their deliverables for the period.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below – there may be others which are not listed.
- Support the PMO Head in managing the overall methodology, Artefacts, DMS and general PMO documentation
- Provide support to Project Management team during the project lifecycle and project delivery tasks
- You provide project management support for tasks such as meetings / workshops / events, monthly reporting and other related project- related communications. Support of project meetings with agendas, attendance and minutes.
- You will provide support for the handover process to vendors and service operations, preparation for PM Gates and Milestone and maintaining process excellence performance on the project
- You are responsible for the creation and & maintenance of internal and external project organisation charts and Project On boarding package
- Be responsible for registers i.e. Project change controls, RAID logs, Action List and Communication Lists
- You will have responsibility for the Project Document Management, including maintaining data and project setup in our DMS system. Tracking and ensuring timely completion of documentation by the project team
- Printing and scanning of documentation in support of the above activities. Co-ordinating inputs from the team for preparation of management reports, weekly, monthly and ad- hoc for senior management and the PMO
- You will assist the Project Manager in maintaining the Project Communication Plan (both internal and external)
- You handle the correspondence list and clearly describe the communications flow internally and externally
- You will support our administrative IT and BAU programs (project related)
- Liaise with Procurement, Security, Facilities and other related teams/departments to ensure they are aware of any project deadlines
- Deal with queries that arise on a daily basis and, if applicable, to offer support to other team members who may need assistance
- Supports introduction to new project team members
Candidates for this position must have:
- Experience in a similar administrative role
- Basic project management experience advantageous
- Ability to operate in a proactive way
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent Computer literacy (PowerPoint, Excel, Word. MS Project experience will be an advantage)
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Fluent written and verbal English