WHO WE ARE
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients. We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic Human Resources (‘HR’) Department, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well- known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. In light of the continuing coronavirus pandemic, the firm has evolved a new hybrid approach to working, which sees our people working between their respective remote environments and our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart of the City of London.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as HR Administrator, in our London-based HR department. This opportunity will be supporting our Responsible Business, Trainee Recruitment and Learning and Development teams.
We are recruiting for a full time HR Administrator to join the HR department on a six month fixed term contract, primarily supporting the Responsible Business, Trainee Recruitment and Learning and Development teams.
Other teams in the HR department include, HR Advisory and Resourcing and Reward and Benefits. Each team reports to the Director of HR.
The team are looking for an HR Administrator to deliver administrative support to the Responsible Business, Trainee Recruitment and Learning and Development teams. The role is responsible for providing a first-class, efficient and professional HR service.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Maintaining records in Word and Excel
- Diary management
- Managing centralised calendars including training, major events and campaigns
- Admin and logistical support for events and meetings
- Processing invoices
Learning and Development
- Using and advising others on how to use LeaP, our learning and performance management system (Cornerstone experience preferred)
- Admin and logistical support for training programmes, both face to face and online, for internal audiences and for clients
- Reporting on attendance at training
- Admin to help create and manage digital training content
- Updating the team’s intranet site
- Dealing with correspondence and processing charitable donations from the Slaughter and May Charitable Trust, which includes:
- filing all relevant paperwork for audit purposes
- keeping a recording of payments made and acknowledged
- tracking donations due to be paid
- Managing matched funding requests from employees
- Providing document support for creating and editing documents, including PPT presentations, board papers and committee papers
- Supporting the Trainee Recruitment Team with interview scheduling by creating calendar invites for each stage of the process
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role within a professional services environment. We also require candidates to be/have:
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint). This role will demand extensive use of these packages and will also require excellent administrative skills and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, spoken and presentational), working well within a team
- Ability to manage expectations across multiple stakeholders and teams
- Excellent attention to detail and good use of grammar
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion
- A willingness to share information and contribute ideas and suggestions as necessary
- A confident, proactive individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing a busy workload using their own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, keep calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Active listening skills and demonstrates professionalism in all dealings
- Comfortable accepting instructions and guidance from different angles
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture.