Our busy Billings Team is looking for a number of Billings Administrators to join a central finance resource supporting partners in dealing with pre/post-billing related administrative activities. Liaising with other finance teams to ensure the accurate and timely drafting and preparation of bills.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
Consistently deliver high quality services on time, with a focus on responsiveness, organisation, efficiency and helpfulness.
Assist in identifying and implementing ways to develop and deliver improvements to the service provided.
Core Position Expectations:
* Requesting Ad-hoc proforma requests
* Printing proformas as directed
* Input billing guide amendments to the pre-billing system in line with the client's requirements
* Review time narratives for accuracy of recording, identifying and correcting typos etc.
* Forwarding billing guides to alternative reviewers and editors as required in the pre-bill system
* Dealing with volume billing guide edits
* Liaising with the Working Capital Support team to assist in the resolution of queries
* Preparation of narratives and breakdowns as required
* Printing generated bills for Partner review prior to dispatch
* Facilitating the dispatch of bills to clients in line with the client's requirements where necessary
* Liaising with the e-billing team to provide billing guidelines and portal requirements
* Requesting Credit Notes and re-issue instructions via workflow
Promote a culture of mutual understanding through effective communication with our clients.
Works to given timeframes and anticipates likely workflows
Consistently produces accurate work, exceptional attention to detail
Good written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels, confident, professional telephone manner
Willing to do routine tasks
Self-motivated, proactive and ability to prioritise and manage own workload
Able to use initiative, but also work well within a team
Proficient in MS Excel and Word
Responsible for managing own development and willing to learn
Analytical skills to resolve queries
Shows flexibility in approach
Experience in a partnership or professional services environment with a finance background
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.