Are you looking for a new opportunity within a law firm that is significantly growing in size and global reach? Would you like join this distinctive modern city powerhouse and be part of paving a fresh way of providing secretarial support? About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary to join our Insurance & Reinsurance team, providing a high-quality and efficient secretarial service to fee-earners and trainee solicitors. Reporting directly to the Secretarial Services Manager, your focus will be on efficiently managing your own workload and being proactive with the ability to work on your own initiative. Tasks include, but are not limited to;
* Preparing Court/Counsel's bundles
* Creating secure links
* Working within Excel
* Amending and formatting documents as required
* Saving documents electronically
* Drafting correspondence
* Processing fee-earner expenses in a timely manner
* Managing workflow to the Document & Design Centre, Print Room etc as required and proactively taking steps to ensure work is returned within required timescales
* Taking responsibility for fee-earners' diary management as required
* Email management for the fee-earners within your team
* Handling telephone enquiries as and when required
* Becoming adept at proof-reading and carrying out quality checks on all work produced
* Establishing a positive and effective working relationship with colleagues at all levels About You
You will have gained litigation experience within another law firm demonstrating a proactive and enthusiastic approach with high levels of IT literacy, superb attention to detail and the ability to learn new systems quickly. Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion
pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-LM1