Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground-breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining technical excellence with commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues. We are offering the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing world-class legal advice to some of the world's leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued and all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture values everyone’s contribution to making us a market leader. In addition, there are excellent benefits and facilities and a variety of development opportunities to support you in your role.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, interested individual to join us as a Technology Secretary to join our London-based Technology team
We are recruiting for an experienced Technology Secretary to join the Technology department. This is a permanent opportunity working on a full-time basis.
This role will be working closely with the Technology department and relevant Business Services colleagues at the firm’s head office in London. Its purpose is to provide an efficient and supportive secretarial and administration service.
The Technology Secretary is primary responsible for assisting the Chief Information Officer (CIO), but will also be required to assist other members of the Technology senior leadership team as necessary.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Diary and email management, including meeting room bookings, restaurant bookings, etc.
- Meeting and room booking arrangements for Technology team meetings
- Following up on general enquiry emails as required
- Preparation of team meeting agendas and recording action points for circulation
- Preparation for and scheduling the yearly ISO Audit meetings
- Preparation and collation of meeting materials in a timely manner
- Screening phone calls and taking accurate messages
- Assisting with recruitment and supplier briefings
- Scheduling and circulating the weekly duty manager rota
- Arranging the weekly Infrastructure team cover rota
- Gathering monthly team newsletter content
- Organisation of monthly and quarterly Firm wide showcase events
- Preparation of slides and organisation of quarterly Technology department group meetings
- Assist with, and understand the Technology leadership team priorities
- Assisting with travel arrangements
- Provide assistance with any ad hoc projects or administrative tasks to support the Technology team
- Being a point of contact for the Technology team
- Arranging payment of, and keeping record of invoices and expenses for managers
- Assisting the Technology team with invoices
- Monitoring the Technology team’s absence calendar
- Organisation of team training and small events
- Assisting with general inductions for Technology new joiners or leavers arrangements
- Liaising with facilities and premises on office moves and health and safety requirements
- Booking training courses and attendance at external conferences
- Filing, both hard copy and electronically
- Organising WebEx sessions and complex conference calls factoring different time zones
Candidates for this position must have:
- Experience of working within an office environment as a PA or secretary (essential);
- Experienced in undertaking routine and repetitive activities accurately and within set timescales (essential)
- Experienced in supporting a team, group or department (essential)
- Experience working within a corporate or professional services firm (desirable)
- Computer literate with proficiency in all Microsoft Office packages
- Fast and accurate touch typist
- Discretion in relation to team confidential information
- Willing to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Excellent English communication skills (written, spoken and presentation), spelling and grammar essential
- Resilient and able to work in a fast paced