Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, recognised throughout the business community for its exceptional legal service, commercial awareness and commitment to clients. We advise across the spectrum of legal matters including high-profile, ground-breaking and complex transactions, contentious matters and all aspects of risk. We deliver innovative and bespoke solutions to our clients, domestically and internationally. We provide clear legal advice that spans the globe whilst tackling the cultural nuances between jurisdictions. Our lawyers understand how to coordinate and manage matters in the jurisdictions most relevant to our clients.
We are now offering the opportunity to become part of our dynamic Trainee Recruitment team, which supports our lawyers in providing first-class legal advice to some of the most prestigious and well-known global businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued, and we all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive environment. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture gives rise to a unique diversity of thinking, which is critical to our success and helps maintain our position as a true market leader. To support our employees in achieving their professional development objectives, we offer an unrivalled variety of learning and development opportunities to everyone, as well as a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. As a result of Government guidance in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we have successfully and seamlessly adapted to home-working, which is a testament to the resilience and agility of our people. We all look forward to returning to our prestigious Headquarters at One Bunhill Row, in the heart if the City of London, when it is safe and appropriate for us to do so, where we enjoy a range of excellent facilities.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a Trainee Recruitment Administrator in our London-based Trainee Recruitment Team.
We are recruiting for a Trainee Recruitment Administrator to join the Trainee Recruitment Team on a fixed term contract ending at the end January 2022.
The Trainee Recruitment Team is part of the HR Department and the wider Business Services function based at the firm’s head office in London. Its purpose is to work alongside the Trainee Recruitment partners to attract and recruit graduates who will ensure the continuing success of the firm.
The team consists of the Head of Trainee Recruitment, Operations Specialist, Executive, Assistant, and two Administrators. The successful candidate will report into the Operations Specialist.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Processing training contract and work experience applications (we receive approximately 4,000 per year) through our online recruitment system
- Creating calendar invites for each stage of the interview process
- Responding to candidates’ enquiries by telephone and email
- Obtaining interview notes from interviewers
- Maintaining the online recruitment system in an accurate and timely manner
- Meeting interview candidates virtually or in- person and setting up their written exercises
- Assisting with other tasks and projects to support the team as required
Candidates for this position must have/be:
- Ideally degree calibre or equivalent experience
- Excellent proven organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and keep calm under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good use of grammar
- Enthusiastic individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload using their own initiative
- Comfortable accepting instructions and guidance from different angles
- Good team player
- Demonstrates professionalism in all dealings
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (in particular Word and Excel)
- An interest in working in HR/Graduate Recruitment