Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground-breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining technical excellence with commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues. We are offering the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing world-class legal advice to some of the world's leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, with over 1,200 partners and staff worldwide, everyone's contribution is valued and all enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. We have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do, and our inclusive culture values everyone’s contribution to making us a market leader.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, interested individual to join us as a Trainee Recruitment Administrator to join our London-based Human Resources team
We are recruiting for a Trainee Recruitment Administrator to join the Trainee Recruitment Team.
The Trainee Recruitment Team is part of the HR Department and the wider Business Services function based at the firm’s head office in London. Its purpose is to work alongside the Trainee Recruitment partners to attract and recruit graduates who will ensure the continuing success of the firm.
The team consists of the Head of Trainee Recruitment, Operations Specialist, Executive, Assistant, and two Administrators. The successful candidate will report into the Operations Specialist.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below, and will be shared between the two administrators.
- Processing training contract and work experience applications (approximately 4,000 per year) through our online recruitment system
- Maintaining the online recruitment system in an accurate and timely manner
- Responding to candidates’ enquiries by telephone and email
- Liaising with secretaries across the firm to identify partners to conduct interviews (approximately 700 interviews per year)
- Identifying trainee solicitors and HR representatives to meet with candidates as part of the interview process
- Liaising with the room bookings team to arrange meeting rooms (for interviews in the office)
- Maintaining the detailed interview schedules
- Creating calendar invites for each stage of the interview process
- Meeting candidates virtually or in-person and setting up their written exercises
- Obtaining interview notes from interviewers
Recruitment Events/Work Experience Schemes
- Identifying trainee solicitors to assist with events (approximately 200 events per year)
- Assisting with the administration of work experience schemes, open days and workshops
- Processing invoices and student travelling expenses
- Booking travel/hotels
- Attending recruitment events on an ad-hoc basis
- Preparing individual HR files
- Assisting with other tasks and projects to support the team as required
Candidates for this position must have:
- Ideally degree calibre or equivalent experience
- Excellent proven organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and keep calm under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good use of grammar
- Enthusiastic individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload using their own initiative
- Comfortable accepting instructions and guidance from different angles
- Good team player
- Demonstrates professionalism in all dealings
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (in particular Word and Excel)
- An interest in working in HR/Graduate Recruitment