Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and groundbreaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining our technical excellence with an unparalleled commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering you the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing outstanding legal advice to some of the world’s leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, we have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do. Our inclusive spirit will ensure your contribution is valued and you will enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. As a market leader, we will provide you with excellent benefits, facilities and training opportunities to support you in your career.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as an Associate in our Corporate group.
Our Corporate practice is divided into three groups with around 10 partners in each. As an associate with us, you will potentially work with any of the partners in your group and also those from elsewhere, giving you the opportunity to see a wide range of working styles and strategic approaches.
The groups all act for a broad range of clients and handle a variety of types of work rather than specialising in one small area. This leads to more regular client contact and greater involvement in clients’ broader business interests. You will therefore be in a position to build very strong client relationships from a very early stage of your career and to be involved in both the legal and commercial decision making at some of the largest commercial organisations in the world.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Advising on the legal and commercial aspects of a wide range of Corporate and Commercial matters including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and outsourcing etc.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending the legal and commercial aspects of documentation
- Advising on the legal and commercial aspects of the full range of equity-related capital market transactions including initial public offerings and equity-related secondary issues and offering
- Ability to advise on the legal and commercial aspects of all private equity work
- Providing efficient professional support for partners
- Developing professional relationships with clients
- Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
- Managing/supervising the work of others, including trainees
- Appropriate level of post-qualification experience (we anticipate approximately 2+ years) in a City, major regional or leading international firm
- Broad exposure across a range of high value commercial and corporate transactions
- Ability to draft, advise and negotiate in relation to complex transactions
- First rate legal/commercial knowledge
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent efficiency and transaction management skills
- Ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Strong academic background and a demonstrable, high level of intellectual analysis
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Experienced in running negotiations/meetings under minimal supervision
- High level of professionalism and integrity