Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground-breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining our technical excellence with an unparalleled commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering you the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing outstanding legal advice to some of the world’s leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, we have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do. Our inclusive spirit will ensure your contribution is valued and you will enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. As a market leader, we will provide you with excellent benefits, facilities and training opportunities to support you in your career.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a Technical Product Owner, in our leading London-based Technology Team.
The Technical Product Owner will be responsible for the delivery and ownership of a number of the firm’s Legal Tech tools. This role will be key in driving pilots, procurement, and the adoption of the new technologies.
The role will sit within the Technology Development team which is comprised of 16 Developers and Technical Product Owners. Working within a dedicated team of individuals comprising members of the firm’s Technology and Knowledge and Innovation team, this role will be focussed on the delivery and support of key innovative market leading legal products and services.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Act as technical product owner for a number of the firm’s Legal Tech tools
- Provide advice and recommendations relating to the best configuration and use of Legal Tech tools to the teams within the business.
- Develop and deliver technical solutions to support the legal and business service functions within the firm.
- Build strong relationships and liaise closely with the business owners of the tools to understand and gather ongoing business requirements, for future analysis by the business analysts.
- Offer support on product functionality to the business analysts to enhance product features and identify new use-cases.
- Engage fully with vendors, developing an indepth knowledge of their roadmap and continuously feedback on the firm’s experiences to help shape the future direction of the products.
- Deliver training, demonstrations, workshops and working groups of Legal Tech tools to clients and business users, as required.
- Keep up-to-date documentation, providing service transition documents to enable 1st and 2nd line support to provide 24x7 cover.
- Provide 3rd line support for Legal Tech tools and related products with the technical skill to find the root cause of reported issues and the ability to recommend solutions or workarounds.
- Act as technical expert and liaison point for all software upgrades/changes to products within area of responsibility.
- Ensure all systems are secure, well maintained and compliant with internal governance.
Candidates for this position must have the following skills:
- In-depth knowledge, or the ability to gain knowledge, of product functionality and technical implementations of Legal Tech tools.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing confidently with members of the firm at all levels, particularly when communicating technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- The ability to engage with users at all levels, to understand their challenges and to derive functional and technical requirements.
- To have, or be able to gain, sufficient knowledge to support the integrations with related products in use at the firm.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot incidents and problems in a methodical and efficient manner.
- A pro-active approach to work taking ownership and being accountable.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Displays the highest standard of professional ethics.