Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and ground-breaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining our technical excellence with an unparalleled commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering you the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing outstanding legal advice to some of the world’s leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, we have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do. Our inclusive spirit will ensure your contribution is valued and you will enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. As a market leader, we will provide you with excellent benefits, facilities and training opportunities to support you in your career.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a Legal Tech Support Analyst, in our leading London-based Technology Team.
We are recruiting for a Legal Tech Support Analyst to join the Technology Department.
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite of products, Legal Applications, and with experience of operating in a very busy Professional services IT Service Desk environment. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience in law and/or other professional services firms working with legal-specific applications.
Due to the nature of the role candidates must be flexible in terms of working hours, be able to work autonomously and be proactive regarding their personal development.
This specific role will form part of a Virtual Legal Tech Support Team, within the IT Service Desk. The Legal Tech Team is a newly created virtual team with the main focus on supporting our growing Legal Tech Toolkit.
The wider IT Service Desk is made up of 14 people. This is led by Service Operations Manager split over various shift patterns. The primary focus will be in a 2nd level capacity for tickets involving Legal-specific applications. Experience in all or most of these applications is therefore essential. You will also be expected to perform general IT Service Desk duties.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Primary - Working as part of a small “Virtual Team” supporting our critical Legal Tech applications
- In addition to answering, logging and fixing calls in call logging system escalating tickets to another department where appropriate, retaining ownership of tickets to ensure they are resolved within allotted times
- Visiting users and clients to fix calls, providing on the spot training or floor walking where necessary
- 1st/2nd level support for a large number of Legal Tech Applications – see list below
- Working as part of a team of 14 (days and evenings), the ability to work as part of a team is essential
- Troubleshoot the firm’s other Software & hardware as and when required.
- Occasionally perform software configuration on the firm’s systems
- Perform any other reasonable duties requested by the Service Desk Team Management
- Provide a critical business communication interface across the broader Technology group
Candidates for this position must have the following skills:
Legal 2nd level application experience:
o Contract Express Cloud
o Lexis Create
o Microsoft Office 2016/365
o Microsoft Windows 10.
o iManage Work 10
o RSA SecurID token administration
o Exchange Mailbox and DL administration
o PC, laptop, telephones and dictation equipment installation
o Citrix/Direct Access/VPN troubleshooting
o Laptop, iPhone or Smartphone troubleshooting
- Supporting users with document management systems (DMS)
- Installation, technical workings and maintenance of desktop/laptop hardware
- Large scale LAN and WAN knowledge
- Having practical experience of software configuration
- Procedures and guidelines which govern the regulated environment of law firms.
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation Certificate
- Supporting Apple Mac’s
- Ability to solve a range of difficult problems relating to issues which are expected to arise regularly within the Service Desk
- Being able to follow detailed procedures and call logging requirements
- To be able to make a number of judgements of some complexity in order to solve problems relating to the immediate workload
- To have a solution focussed approach to problems
- To be able to adapt and be flexible when making decisions
- Demonstrative ability to think ahead, to prioritise and to organise resources and consumables
- It is expected this role would be led by procedures and guidelines which are in place; however, the role will require the ability to:
- Resolve some issues and problems which go beyond the governance framework
- Floor walk users in isolation of the main Service Desk