Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.
We have an exciting, newly created role with responsibility for leading the development and adoption of legal technology within the Global Corporate practice.
We are ideally looking for someone who will be based out of our London office, but will consider applications from candidates who can be based at one of our other European offices.
To update and progress implementation of the Global Corporate legaltech strategy, including:
- To facilitate the development of legaltech to support and realise additional efficiencies in the Global Corporate practice.
- To use knowledge of corporate law, transactions and documentation to develop content and processes for use in legal tech tools.
- To provide legal and practical advice, support and training to embed the use of legaltech in the Global Corporate practice.
- To act as a central bridge between the Global Corporate practice and the Advanced Delivery and Fuse teams.
- Global Corporate Managing Partners
- Global Corporate Legaltech Steering Group
- Global Corporate COO
- Corporate Know-How TeamCounterparts in other practice groups
- Global Corporate lawyers
- Advanced Delivery & Solutions teams
Principal Areas of Responsibility
- Developing, promoting and supporting the use of technology in the Global Corporate practice:
- identifying and testing established and new legal technology products with potential scope for use in the Global Corporate practice
- collaborating with Corporate lawyers to identify working practices which could be improved through the use of legaltech and to develop these and innovative solutions to specific client problems
- working with Advanced Delivery & Solutions (AD&S) teams and external providers to optimise technology solutions for use on Corporate transactions, including assisting with the management of Corporate-related technology projects to ensure efficiency, transparency and impact across the Global practice
- facilitating the launch, roll-out and use of new technology solutions within the Global Corporate practice
- ensuring that Corporate lawyers have access to the necessary support, training and guidance materials to enable them to use available technology solutions
- working with IT and AD&S teams to encourage optimal access to technology solutions for Corporate lawyers
- trusted adviser for technology-related queries from across the Global Corporate practice
- Be a spokesperson for Corporate legaltech:
- develop and maintain key relationships with the IT and AD&S teams and contribute a Corporate perspective on firm-wide technology developments and projects
- work with AD&S and Corporate BD teams to develop and update technology and innovation communications for Corporate clients and ensure that the Corporate legaltech strategy accords with the needs of the practice’s current and potential client-basest
- Qualified lawyer – Minimum 3 years PQE or similar. English law qualified preferred.
- Technical competence in corporate law as expected at level of qualification.
- Experience of M&A and corporate finance transactions as expected at level of qualification.
- Excellent English language legal drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to apply broad legal, market and transactional knowledge to understand and help develop legal technology products suitable for use within the Global Corporate practice.
- Strong interest in legal technology.
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge.
- Confidence to work with senior individuals within a complex international organisation.
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice.
- A divergent thinker, able to acquire and connect new ideas, information and concepts with ease.
- Effective project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of both the Corporate fee-earner community and the AD&S teams.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment.
- High energy individual who enjoys both the operational and strategic sides of this role and shows great flexibility.
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility in the organisation and act as a trusted advisor to partners and fee-earners at all levels.
Main Performance Measures
- Ability to deliver on key milestones agreed as part of legal tech strategy.
- Quality of legaltech support to the Global Corporate practice.
- Level of visibility within Corporate, Advanced Delivery & Solutions and the wider firm as the go-to person in the Global Corporate practice on legal technology projects.
- Quality of support on existing projects under development and demonstration of ability to facilitate new projects.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that not only solve our clients’ challenges but exceed their expectations. By embracing new ways of thinking, integrating technology into our everyday work and putting our people first, we’ve become known for leading by example.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and consistent support for one another. Our culture enables people to define their own career path based on their strengths, while our ambitious outlook ensures we continue to provide each person with opportunities to thrive. We’re also committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. If you’re ready to play your part in defining the future of law: It’s Time.