Our Advanced Delivery & Solutions (AD&S) team are currently seeking a Behavioural Change Senior Manager to join our London office to build the firm’s capability in applying behavioural design and change principles to a wide range of initiatives including adoption of new working practices, client engagements, innovation and change management. The role will apply the knowledge of human behaviour to discover, design, create and implement the principles of behavioural science across the firm. In doing so, the role will champion creative ideas, design new approaches to strategic problems and pioneer new ways of fostering innovation at the firm. The role will serve as an expert advisor on best-practice behavioural solutions to organisational challenges and transformation projects. When working on projects for the wider firm or with clients, this role will serve as an ambassador for AD&S and provide another channel for new work coming into the department.
AD&S provide technology, resourcing and end-to-end solutions. This includes delivering legal services in new and flexible ways, making the most of what legal tech has to offer, and providing specialist consulting and strategic advisory services to build strength and integrity into organisations
This helps our clients embrace change and overcome the frustration of outdated and inefficient ways of working, enabling them to better manage risk, reduce cost and become more resilient. Ultimately it helps them reinvent their “business as usual” as well as drive change. Whatever the challenges, we can bring together the right combination of skills to tackle them.
Role and responsibilities
- Working with Advanced Delivery & Solutions departments to incorporate behavioural insights in a range of service offerings
- Ownership of end-to-end behavioural change approach, advising a varied team of stakeholders and specialists, drawn from across the firm, to tackle identified challenges
- Identifying opportunities across the firm to utilise principles of behaviour change to further the firm’s overall strategy
- Gaining stakeholder input and buy-in through facilitating workshops with stakeholders
- Designing behavioural interventions to meet the barriers identified through workshops and contextual research
- Leading the implementation and adoption of behavioural interventions
- Measuring the effectiveness of behavioural interventions, refining as necessary, and monitoring medium to long term effectiveness
- Providing internal- and external-facing thought leadership on behavioural science
- Providing guidance for clients on behavioural change in the context of legal services
- Working closely with Advanced Delivery & Solutions departments to provide behavioural lens on both client facing and internal initiatives
- Embedding with teams across the business to help structure change initiatives across a variety of themes which align with the firm’s overall strategy
- Provide feed-back to Advanced Delivery & Solutions on approaches that they should utilise to maximise their usefulness to, and relationships with, practice groups
- Detailed knowledge of behaviour change principles, heuristics and biases, and fundamentals of psychology and behavioural science
- Proven track record in end-to-end behaviour change and design – we are most concerned with prior application of the principles of behavioural science in a practical setting
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative methods in structuring and evaluating interventions
- Confident and engaging presenter capable of translating academic insights and theoretical approaches into a broader business context
- Desirable to have experience with user-centred design and innovation fundamentals
- Be resilient and determined to see through the end-to-end solution
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- Strong communication skills which will engage stakeholders of all levels as they are introduced to and then work on projects that require behavioural insights
- Be able to quickly establish relationships with teams across the business and generate enthusiasm for change
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and ability to develop practical solutions to complex problems
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically about the value that sustainable behaviour change initiatives can bring to the organisation
- Persistence and determination to see through projects which innovate and drive change
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned our reputation as a firm that leads the industry and opens up new possibilities in law. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We’re committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we’re working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you’ll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you’ll learn how to help drive change; and you’ll be at the heart of an organisation that’s defining the future of law. If you’re ready to find a place to thrive: It’s Time.