Market disruption, tightening regulations and increased cross-border working are demanding new ways of thinking. Our consulting team helps clients respond to these unprecedented challenges. We provide high-quality, business-focused advice on issues relating to governance, corporate purpose and culture, conduct and operational risk, and regulation. Integrated with the firm’s existing legal capabilities, A&O Consulting allows the firm to offer a truly one-stop solution to clients. The team works with colleagues across the firm to build on existing client relationships and to spot opportunities leveraging the collective knowledge of our clients.
We deliver sustainable solutions ensuring our clients solve their most pressing challenges, so they can unlock growth and drive business transformation.
As a Consultant you will work alongside market leading experts to provide high quality, innovative advice and solutions to our clients who face regulatory and risk issues. The role requires an individual with the ability to service and support clients through undertaking projects covering a wide range of issues and assisting with ad hoc queries as they arise.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for completing project based assignments within agreed timescales
- Working with senior colleagues to advise clients whilst identifying creative solutions
- Keep abreast of current and evolving regulatory themes and priorities and areas of focus regulations, principally in the EU and UK, and help to create opportunities for future business and develop product solutions for clients
- Maintain technical knowledge in relation to changes with FCA, PRA and EU rules and guidance and communicate this knowledge effectively within the team
- Continually improving the team operating environment and working practices
- Recognised by clients for their expertise in their area
- Build awareness and collaboration within the legal partnership
- Actively promote an inclusive and diverse work environment
- Assist other members of the team to deliver projects and responses to client and stakeholder queries
- Willing to travel to clients
- Able to demonstrate recognised industry experience
- Knowledge of current and evolving regulatory priorities and areas of focus regulations, principally in the EU and UK
- A sound understanding of regulatory frameworks within the EU and UK
- An adaptable and flexible thinker, capable of broadening horizons to meet new challenges
- Programme management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to present results to clients in a variety of formats, including written reports, power point and project management tools
Who we are looking for
- Able to influence internal/external clients and colleagues
- Driven and motivated to work in a continual changing environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task in order to meet client needs
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Strong team player
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.