CMS are recruiting for a Technical Analyst to support design, test and build stages of projects.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
The Technical Analyst will be responsible for investigating and analysing technical need, defining objectives and technical/data requirements, supporting design, build, and test stages on projects. They will help to document and maintain the enterprise architecture details and data mappings, and departmental technical roadmaps.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Leading the technical discovery, analysis and requirements gathering
* Interacting with the business stakeholders and subject matter to understand their business and technical issues and problems for continuous improvements
* Analyse system process, data workflows, applications, integration
* Data mapping
* Work closely with stakeholders, suppliers, and application owners to define solution and product roadmaps
* Monitor and report on supplier technical and functional releases and changes to applications and products to the business
* Perform impact analysis on enterprise environments from recommended improvements
* Ensure traceability of technical requirements from requirement capture through to implementation including Change Management.
* Production of technical analysis reports and recommendations
* Work with the Lead Solutions Architect and project managers to capture and document changes to our enterprise environments, including integrations, data flows and integrations
* Analysing and documenting requirements relating to the technology environment and design
* Collaborating with technical personnel to ensure streamlined application implementation of the solution
* communicating design overviews to executive and technical management
* participating in governance acceptance into service gates and sign offs
* Support PMO Project Delivery Managers on projects
Skills & Knowledge
* A solid track record as a technical analyst with strong analysis skills and keen attention to detail
* Experience of technical requirements gathering and documentation in a structured fashion
* Experience of different analysis tools and techniques
* Experience in writing documentation - specifications, use cases, business requirements
* Experience of producing business technical roadmaps
* Proven experience of managing complexity and change
* Evidence of flexibility and commitment
* Adept at building relationships both internally and externally
* Ability to communicate at all levels in the business
* Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
* Stakeholder Relationship Management
* Tact, discretion, and diplomacy
* Ability to analyse problems and recommend/implement solutions
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
* Excellent organisational skills
* Ability to multi-task, prioritise work, and deliver to deadlines
* Experience working in multicultural organisations/teams
* Experience of working in the Legal Sector and/or Professional Services
* A solid understanding of the software development life cycle
* Understanding of IT components
* Troubleshooting, problem analysis and risk assessment
* Skills in data management
* Skills and knowledge of enterprise and solutions architecture
* Experience of project management, tools and techniques
* Skills in RPA and AI
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.