CMS are recruiting for a Business Analyst on a perm basis, who will work closely with our Head of Programme Management to define business need, objectives and requirements for projects and products.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
The Business Analyst will be responsible for discovery and business analysis, defining business need, objectives, and requirements for projects or products. In addition, defining and documenting business processes and being involved in projects for all related project activities. They will also help to formulate and present both Departmental and product roadmaps, adoption and continuous improvements.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Gathering information and documenting business needs
* Leading the discovery, analysis and requirements gathering. Preparing for and facilitating workshops and stakeholder interviews
* Work closely with stakeholders and application owners to define product and business roadmaps
* Interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter to understand their business issues and problems for continuous improvements
* Analyse business issues, process, workflows, applications, integration and data.
* Define the As-Is and To-Be processes for multiple projects within the portfolio.
* Perform impact analysis on improvements and new functions with the proposed requirements.
* Documenting business processes, including inputs and outputs, roles and stakeholders.
* Ensure traceability of requirements from requirement capture through to implementation including Change Management.
* Become a business subject matter expert in processes from a stated functional area.
* Production of analysis reports and recommendations
* Holding adoption reviews with business, measuring benefits, and identifying continuous improvements
* Support PMO Project Delivery Managers on projects for business analysis related activities
* Provide business analysis as a PMO service to teams and departments
Skills & Knowledge
* A solid track record as a business analyst with strong analysis skills and keen attention to detail
* Experience of business and technical requirements gathering and documentation in a structured fashion
* Experience of different analysis tools and techniques
* Experience in writing documentation - functional specifications, use cases, business requirements
* Experience of producing functional roadmaps
* Proven experience of managing complexity and change
* Evidence of flexibility and commitment
* Adept at building relationships both internally and externally
* Ability to communicate at all levels in the business
* Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
* Stakeholder Relationship Management
* Tact, discretion, and diplomacy
* Ability to analyse problems and recommend/implement solutions
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
* Excellent organisational skills
* Ability to multi-task, prioritise work, and deliver to deadlines
* Experience working in multicultural organisations/teams
* Experience of working in the Legal Sector and/or Professional Services
* Experience of and knowledge of project management, tools and techniques
* A solid understanding of the software development life cycle
* Troubleshooting, problem analysis and risk assessment.
* Skills in Product Analysis and Management
* Skills and knowledge of Benefits Management
* Skills in process definition, documentation, automation and enhancement
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.