CMS have a rare and exciting opportunity to join our Innovation, Transformation and Change team as an Innovation Analyst. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
* The Innovation Analyst will be a key part of the Innovation team and will support the implementation of the Innovation strategy, to embed a culture of innovation, across CMS UK.
* The role will be a visible advocate of innovation across the firm, responsible for raising awareness of innovation activities, resources and materials to help partners and clients address their challenges - including by suggesting use cases for legal tech tools, alternative ways of working and different resourcing models.
* The Innovation Analyst will be part of our programme to engage with the practice groups to embed a culture of innovation. This will be through practicing design thinking and service design methods, running research projects, facilitating and participating in workshops, and supporting an internal champions group to ensure everyone is aware of our drive to move innovation forwards.
* The Innovation analyst will also have day to day responsibility for a number of innovation activities, for example researching new tools / running proof of concept pilots on new tools and writing reports and recommendations / monitoring key technology areas and providers / monitoring news and developments across the legal sector etc.
* Using a product management approach, our Innovation Analysts will take responsibility for managing and developing our range of legal tech tools along with the product owners. This approach will include ensuring that our tools are supported end-to-end in their lifecycle of use: eg; they are properly positioned and collateral and materials are up to date, that live projects are tracked and, working with Finance, costs are properly allocated onto matters, that users understand the use cases and are properly supported etc
* Advise partners, lawyers and clients on the benefits and use cases for products and develop into a 'subject matter expert' on the range of tools we have. Build up detailed knowledge of the functionality of products and comparative products in the market.
* Carry out demonstrations and awareness raising sessions of legal tech tools to practice groups and clients.
* Build relationships with a wide range of internal teams, in particular, build strong relationship with Legal Tech Tools team. About You
* Experience working with senior stakeholders
* Business analysis skills and experience is required
* Demonstrable experience managing projects or initiatives would be an advantage
* Professional services sector experience would be an advantage
* Awareness and interest in legal technology and state of the market
* Experience carrying out research and writing reports/recommendations
* Process mapping / process improvement experience would be an advantage
* Solution oriented and self-starter mindset is essential Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here
to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-EM1