Simmons & Simmons LLP is a full service IP practice which has been at the forefront of IP law and practice for more than 40 years. We are consistently involved in many of the leading IP cases and transactions. We have over 100 lawyers in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. We offer an unparalleled level of expertise and service. Our lawyers are widely recognised as leading practitioners in their fields by leading directories, with a reputation for 'cutting-edge advice' and 'superb client service.'
We are seeking to recruit a senior associate solicitor to manage and help expand a busy trade mark and soft IP practice, with work ranging from contentious proceedings at registry level and in the UK courts to the management of household name trade mark portfolios, brand clearance and trade mark prosecution. Substantial experience of both the UK and EU trade mark systems is vital. You will be responsible for managing client relationships and managing and executing the full range of trade mark work, contentious and non-contentious.
You will be afforded the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting and high profile IP work in the world, working alongside leading IP specialists. You'll work for large and small clients in a diverse range of industries, including FMCG, fashion, life sciences, financial institutions, entertainment, TMT and the arts. This role offers excellent career prospects.
- Substantial experience in trade marks, able to handle everything from managing a trade mark portfolio to conducting trade mark litigation including oppositions at the UKIPO and the EUIPO.
- Well organised and capable of managing a large number of matters efficiently and prioritising appropriately while also managing a team. Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- Articulate, with a strong client focus and the ability and willingness to get actively involved in marketing and business development. An existing market profile and existing client relationships a plus.
- An understanding of the commercial aspects of running a trade mark practice which competes at the highest level.
- Applicants will ideally have at least five years' post qualified experience as a solicitor in trade marks, brands and other soft IP work which will have been gained at another leading practice.
- A strong drive to succeed and ambition to take your career to the next level with a potential to lead in this field.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required.