We are looking for a Team Administrator to join us in either our Bristol or London office. The successful candidate will provide effective and high quality administrative support through delegation from the Secretarial Co-ordinator, Professional Support Lawyers, and the Marketing & Business Development Manager.
What will you do:
- Day-to-day administrative tasks such as photocopying, scanning, organising large volume printing, photocopying, and document production.
- Supporting Marketing & Business Development with maintaining the firm's client contact database; ensure new business contact details are entered and contacts from fee-earners Outlook address book are shared, updating changes of contact and entering activities when an M&BD activity is planned with a client or target.
- Assisting with event management including tasks such as, RSVP management for events, responding to fee-earner queries about attending delegates using InterAction reporting function.
- Assisting PSLs and M&BD in updating information on the SharePoint intranet or in managing and maintaining specific pages.
- Preparation of key documents and correspondence.
- Preparation of agendas, presentations and meeting papers, including print production and timely distribution.
- Supporting M&BD with regular updates of fee earners' CVs ensuring they are maintained in the firm's CV Bank.
- Assisting Secretarial Co-ordinator, PSLs, M&BD, secretaries and paralegals with internal project or matter related ad-hoc duties.
- Provide ad-hoc support to practice support team with tasks including but not limited to preparing bundles and hand delivering time critical documents.
- Arranging the booking of conference rooms, video conference facilities, cars, refreshments and restaurants.
- Monitor incoming post and emails for fee earners, particularly electronic filing, post and/or emails.
- Assisting PSLs and M&BD with simple typing tasks including digital dictation, copy typing and hand written amendments.
What we are looking for:
- Some office experience, although training will be provided.
- Client service orientated approach.
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team with strong communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in relation to MS Office.
- Self management and excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work calmly and effectively in a pressurised environment.
- Attention to detail and discretion with confidential information.
- Ability to touch type quickly and accurately.
Here at Simmons & Simmons:
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos - we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
• Competitive benefits package
• All year round dress down
• International offices including: Hong Kong; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; Bristol; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
• Generous employee referral bonus program
• All offices have their own artwork collections - we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
• We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer in 2019 for the fourth year running.
• We have recently acquired Wavelength (the first regulated legal engineering firm in the world) which highlights our invested interest in innovation.
If you are interested in finding out more about this vacancy then please contact Charlotte.Smith@simmons-simmons.com with any questions. To apply for the role please click on the link at the bottom of the page/visit the career pages on our website, where there is also a detailed job description.