We don't just advise on the law - we shape it. Drawing on detailed expertise and with strong partner-level leadership, we tackle complex, multi-jurisdictional challenges.
Our IP Transactions team forms part of our wider international IP team, which offers full-service support to help our clients protect, exploit and defend their most valuable IP assets.
Clients trust our business focused approach to deliver their strategically important collaborations, licensing and commercialisation deals, acquisitions, mergers and investments. Working alongside our antitrust, funds, corporate, banking, employment and tax practices, we cover every aspect of international transactions.
Our work spans the firm's four sectors, namely Healthcare & Life Sciences, Financial Institutions, Asset Management and Investment Funds, and Telecoms, Media & Technology. Our transactional IP lawyers also lead the firm's focus in innovative areas such as FinTech and Digital Health. Many members of our team have science and engineering backgrounds, which helps us to understand the technologies we're working with.
We are seeking an Associate to join our leading IP group in our London office. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years' PQE in transactional IP matters.
The successful candidate will primarily support the transactional IP Partners within the UK IP Group which comprises over 35 fee earners. They will work on all types of transactions involving intellectual property, with a focus on licensing and collaboration agreements, related commercial arrangements and intellectual property aspects of M&A and investments.
Projects will be varied and will span all of the firm's four key sectors. A technical background and/or science qualification are desirable but not essential. Any applicant will need to be dynamic and motivated by the challenges of working on high quality, cutting edge matters. This is a great opportunity to join a tightly knit, collaborative international team that is committed to providing on-going support to its lawyers in their career development within the firm.
- Excellent academics.
- Ideally the candidate will have between 2 - 4 years' post qualification experience on transactional IP matters which will have been gained at another leading City practice.
- Strong client focus with an ability and willingness to get actively involved in marketing and business development.
- Commercially driven and dynamic.
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to manage multiple matters.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required.
Here at Simmons & Simmons
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos - we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
• Competitive benefits package
• All year round dress down
• International offices including: Hong Kong; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; Bristol; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
• Generous employee referral bonus program
• All offices have their own artwork collections - we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
• We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer in 2019 for the fourth year running.
• We have recently acquired Wavelength (the first regulated legal engineering firm in the world) which highlights our invested interest in innovation.