We are currently looking for a Power Platform Specialist to assist us in the use of this technology to solve complex business problems both for our organisation and our clients. Simmons Wavelength is the home of legal engineering at Simmons & Simmons; using data engineering, process optimisation and creative design to deliver digitised solutions for our clients. We exist because the business of law is continually evolving; the scale, complexity and urgency of legal work is accelerating. New approaches to these challenges are needed.
This role is not specifically a development, operations or system administration role but is rather a blend of these to assist in expanding our internal knowledge and being the first feet on the ground to assist in developing our understanding and adoption of this technology in Simmons Wavelength.
We are looking for someone who:
- experience working with Power Platform
- experience working with Microsoft Dynamics, especially if you have Dynamics Portal development experience
- experience developing, managing and maintaining solutions using PowerApps and PowerApps Portal
- experience or are keen to work alongside or within scrum teams iteratively delivering a product
- ability to work in a team environment and enjoy proactively solving problems
- excellent stakeholder management skills and can communicate advanced concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- a desire to be part of a diverse and inclusive team; you have good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively relate to individuals at all levels.
- a real willingness to learn, using your creative initiative!
It would also be great, but not essential, if you have:
- experience of working with legal or other business professionals.
- experience working with a wider suite of Microsoft Products like Azure, SharePoint, Office 365 (as an administrator)
What will you do:
- Work alongside data scientists, experienced qualified lawyers and technologists to assist in bringing innovative legal solutions to reality through the use of PowerApps, Power Automate and other Power Platform Components
- Manage and define the deployment process for solutions being promoted through the environments
- Support the maintenance of Power Platform Environments
- Assist where necessary with various Power Platform Components
- Leverage your expertise to help teams solve complex problems
- Support our market-facing scrum teams to deliver challenging, client-facing projects
- Actively participate in our Wavelength Academy to grow and share skills and expertise contributing to team-wide professional development
- Ability to flex and apply your skills to business activity in a way that meets the evolving and growing needs of our business
Here at Simmons & Simmons:
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos - we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
• Competitive benefits package
• All year round dress down
• International offices including: Hong Kong; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; Bristol; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
• Generous employee referral bonus program
• All offices have their own artwork collections - we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
• We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer in 2019 for the fourth year running.
• We have recently acquired Wavelength (the first regulated legal engineering firm in the world) which highlights our invested interest in innovation.
If you are interested in finding out more about this vacancy then please contact Emily.Rixon-Smith@simmons-simmons.com with any questions. To apply for the role please click on the link at the bottom of the page, where there is also a detailed job description.