We're looking for someone to own how we deliver complex client matters. As a fee-earning legal project manager, you'll work across our five international practice groups - Corporate and commercial, Financial Markets, Dispute Resolution, Employment and Solutions. You'll champion the use of our Global Service Excellence Standard and coach others on how to use it effectively.
You'll be employed by Simmons & Simmons Solutions Limited and will work with teams across our international legal services network. You'll report to the Head of Service Excellence and the Service Excellence legal project management Lead.
What we are looking for:
We're looking for a qualified project manager with previous experience in professional services or law - but we'll consider applications from any industry. Our new legal project manager will have a direct impact on improving service quality in Simmons - so you must be confident, an excellent relationship builder and have great communication and presentation skills.
- A Project management professional accreditation (or can show you're working towards one)
- A degree level qualification
- Consulting, coaching and advisory skills
- Excellent client facing skills - someone who can build great relationships
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Competent with all Microsoft office software
- An interest an aptitude for new and developing technology.
- Good analytical skills and can produce engaging, concise, and timely management information
- Excellent numeracy skills
- The ability to empathise with fee earners while providing clear project management advice
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- Ability to influence and strong personal presence
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Experience of project management of client-facing, complex matters in a professional services firm or leading international firm or in-house legal function
What will you do:
- Apply Project Management best practice to the most complex matters
- Set matters up for success from initial scoping, planning, delivery, mobilisation to lessons learnt
- Assure our clients and lead matter partner that we are delivering to quality, on time and on budget
- Co-ordinate project management activity across matters
- Control and monitor matters
- Communicate with clients and key stakeholders in real time and accurately
- Manage risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies.
- Identify opportunities and challenges from an early stage
- Demonstrate value and financial savings in effective matter delivery
- Work with fee earners to deliver complex legal mattes using the Service Excellence Standard based on best practice project management
- Collaborate with the Head of Service Excellence to maintain a high reputation for delivery across the firm
- Build a credible relationship with Partners across the firm on the use of the Service Excellence Standard
- Coach fee earners in applying the Service Excellence Standard
- Collaborate with our Marketing & Business Development team to identify opportunities
About the Service Excellence Team
The Service Excellence Team delivers Simmons' Service Excellence Standard. We use this to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of our client service delivery.
Service Excellence works closely with our legal engineers to deliver legal work more efficiently. We support the Managing Partner and International Executive Committee in the efficient and effective delivery of the firm's strategy to deliver premium work for our clients and to optimise fee earner performance.
Our main objectives are to ensure we exceed clients' expectations and to always deliver value for money.
Here at Simmons & Simmons:
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos - we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
• Competitive benefits package
• All year round dress down
• International offices including: Hong Kong; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; Bristol; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
• Generous employee referral bonus program
• All offices have their own artwork collections - we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
• We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer in 2019 for the fourth year running.
• We have recently acquired Wavelength (the first regulated legal engineering firm in the world) which highlights our invested interest in innovation.
If you are interested in finding out more about this vacancy then please contact Emily.Rixon-Smith@simmons-simmons.com with any questions. To apply for the role please click on the link at the bottom of the page, where there is also a detailed job description.