Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and groundbreaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining our technical excellence with an unparalleled commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering you the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing outstanding legal advice to some of the world’s leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, we have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do. Our inclusive spirit will ensure your contribution is valued and you will enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. As a market leader, we will provide you with excellent benefits, facilities and training opportunities to support you in your career.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as an IT Service Manager in our leading London-based Technology Team.
We are recruiting for an experienced IT Service Manager to join the Technology Team.
The Customer Service is part of the Technology Department and the wider Business Services function based at the firm’s head office in London.
The successful candidate will a strong understanding of ITIL V3 and preferably V4 and will have worked in a Service Management capacity in a professional service environment. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience in law and/or other professional services firms.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below, however there may be others which are not listed.
This role may require some working outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Acting as the Manager responsible for delivering key ITIL Processes inc. Incident Management, Change Management, Service Transition, Problem Management & Reporting.
- Management of Service Management team.
- Creation and Continual Service improvement of ITIL Standards (Incident, Problem, Change, Service Transition
- Working closely with the Head of Customer Services to delivering and exceeding excellent customer service to the firm at all times.
- Proactive and effective ownership of the incident, Problem, Change and Service Transition process ensuring minimal business impact and initiating escalation procedures as appropriate
- To act where appropriate as the Major Incident Manager during Critical and High Priority incidents
- To provide guidance and management to the Service Analysts within the team.
- To be an advocate across Technology and other Business areas for all ITIL Processes.
- Creation and presentation of Management Reports within agreed timeframes
- Work closely with all teams across Technology to share knowledge and identify opportunities for improvements
- Work closely with the IT Service Operations team (IT Service Desk, 2nd Line Support etc.) to identify and execute improvements
- Ownership, manage and improve our current ITSM toolset ensuring that continual evolvement of the tool ensuring its fitness for purpose aligned to business need.
Candidates for this position will be expect to have worked, or be working within a similar role in a legal or professional services environment. Candidates will be required to have the following practical knowledge and decision making skills:
- Background in service operations and customer facing roles, with significant ITIL knowledge – 5 years minimum
- Resilient with ability to facilitate cross team activities and drive successful change implementation
- Exceptional communication and planning skills
- Ability to chair and manage discussions, challenging where appropriate
- Management report writing skills
- A high level understanding of ITIL Best Practice
- To use a common sense approach to decisions and to achieved the desired outcome that works best for the Technology team & ultimately the Business.
- To have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- To be able to adapt and be flexible when making decisions
- Demonstrative ability to think ahead, to prioritise and to organise resources and consumables
- It is expected this role would be led by procedures and guidelines which may or may not be in place. There will be a requirement to design and create processes which are best fit for the business.
- ITIL Expert Certificate