Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Role: Project Manager
Location: London Office
Reporting to: Head of Change & Business Improvement
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 09.30 to 17.30. You will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties, noting that some projects contain global stakeholders so call times may need to be adjusted to overlap.
Department/ Role Overview:
Project manage initiatives across the firm, starting with an ITSM project. That first project will be to work with the Head of IT team on transitioning their service catalogue to a service management platform (Cherwell).
At the completion of this project, or otherwise on an as needed basis, you would be allocated to different initiatives by the busines PMO (we call that team "Change and Business Improvement").
This person must demonstrate the ability to work across all levels of stakeholders and third parties within a high performance environment and with a relentless focus on deliverables.
- Planning, designing and proactively monitoring project progress; resolving issues and initiating appropriate action;
- Defining project scope, governance and test plans to determine success;
- Ensure allocated projects align to the strategy of the firm and have executive sponsorship
- Facilitate a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring that change projects consider effective process streamlining before moving to technology investment
- Create and deliver project work plans and revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Identify resource requirements;
- Manage the operational aspects of projects;
- Implement changes sensitively with minimal disruption - to deadlines and budgets;
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience as a project manager with a proven track record of successfully managing and leading global projects through the full project life cycle in a professional services company, ideally a law firm.
- Experience of agile and waterfall project methodologies
- Experience across the whole project lifecycle and covering scoping, scheduling, costing, resourcing, change, communications, quality, risk and project closure.
- Advanced organisational and influencing skills, flexibility of style, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high pressured, detail-oriented environment
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting, decision-making and follow-through skills
- Good financial skills in terms of managing a budget
- Develop and manage project RAID logs ensuring that required project documentation is properly completed and that quality gates are achieved.
- Track progress against plans, budget and agreed KPIs, alerting relevant stakeholders promptly to variances and recommending changes and developing contingency plans where necessary.
- Develop a clear understanding of resource requirements for each stage of design and delivery and tracking availability of resource and escalating where there are potential issues.
- Working closely with the change and communications team to ensure that stakeholder analysis, change impact analysis and benefit analysis are part of workstream delivery plans.
- Excellent people skills along with a track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in working in a global environment and across multiple time-zones
- AgilePM, PRINCE2 or equivalent project management certifications
Desired skills and experience
- Experience of managing business change within a shared services environment with strong focus on standardisation and optimisation
- Understanding of order management systems / finance systems / practice management systems preferably Elite 3e.
- Good level of process improvement awareness and use of associated techniques (Lean, Six Sigma etc..)
- Change management qualification (PROSCI)