Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area: Information Technology
Role: IT Service Desk Analyst
Reporting to: Global Service Desk Manager & Team Leader Glasgow
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 8.5 hours a day (including an hour for lunch) based on a rotating shift pattern;
However you will be required to work such additional hours as are necessary to carry out your duties
This role is required to ensure a professional IT Support service is provided to the whole firm.
You will be expected to provide end to end management of all software and hardware incidents and service requests by providing remote support by Phone and Email, at Client desk, support Audio Visual, desk phone, mobile device and floor walking support. Tasks will be allocated on a defined Rota, with duties such as remote support via the phone, email, desk side support, and floor walking with project support tasks as required.
- Provide 1st line support by incoming Phone and Email & 2nd level investigative support of all incidents and service requests of all Ashurst IT systems/services IT support via remote control, telephone support and "At desk" on a rotating shift pattern.
- Provide floor walking support to the Glasgow office on a Rota basis, log all incidents and requests that arise through floor walking.
- Support international offices with equivalent services.
- Accurate ticket logging of all IT incidents and service requests whilst managing individual ticket queue within the Service Management solution.
- End to end ownership of all IT tickets including being responsible for all communication and the technical resolution.
- Follow the escalation process to ensure a consistent and professional IT support service is offered to the firm.
- Manage all end user administration such as onboarding, offboarding etc.
- Configuration and asset management.
- Knowledge management; contribute towards the internal KB.
- Management/support of pool and permanent laptops.
- Management/support of remote working technology.
- Management of user administration.
- UEM support.
- Point of contact for projects within the firm from inception through to "business as usual".
- AV and VC Overflow support.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Consistent provision of a responsive, effective and personable service.
IT support service to exceed customer expectations:
- Work in accordance to ITIL processes and procedures.
- Use initiative with a positive and can do attitude.
- Identify business impacting incidents and escalate according to the escalation process.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a confident telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and in all written communication.
- Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with pressurised situations.
- Able to manage own tasks across various areas and prioritise appropriately according to SLA to meet business deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively alone and within your team/group or project, under the appropriate supervision.
- Maintain good working relationships with all members of IT.
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Flexible approach to role
- Highly motivated, willing to continually update knowledge and skill set.
- Ability to liaise and communicate with all levels within IT and across the business.
- Documentation skills: Technical documentation; Knowledge management
- Technical Skills: Analysis and troubleshooting skills of all IT incidents; Interaction or similar client relationship management (CRM) application; Bighand 3 or similar digital dictation software; AD administration
Desired skills and experience
- Knowledge of remote working solutions such as ADSL, Broadband, 3M and VPN's (virtual private network).
- Knowledge of building Laptops and troubleshooting support issues.
- Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting support issues.
- Health and safety awareness in the working place.
- Business writing skills.
- Previous systems experience.
- Advanced O365 skills.
- Excellent word troubleshooting skills.
- Supporting Windows 10.
- Knowledge gained in an intranet/extranet environment.
- Knowledge of audio visual equipment.