Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Title: Team Leader, Business Development Operations
Reporting to: ASC Client Manager
Location: Based in Ashurst's Glasgow office. Regular visits to the firm's London office will be required and occasional visits to other offices including Brisbane, Australia.
Hours: Monday to Friday. Flexibility between 8.00 am - 7.30 pm.
(37.5 hours with staggered working arrangements, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties).
This role will be part of our global ASC Client team, providing operational support to the Business Development and Brand, Marketing & Communications teams, supporting them execute the firm's strategy.
This role is responsible for leading the Glasgow based ASC Client team through the firm's business services transformation where our service offerings and engagement model continue to evolve. In addition, support the development of a high performance team and ensure collaboration and best practice across the team to support the firm's revenue growth and business development efforts. The Team Leader will contribute to the delivery of business development and marketing activities aligned to the firm's strategy.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Coach and develop the team, ensuring that their roles and responsibilities are understood, their professional development is nurtured and that they receive support and regular feedback on their progress towards well-defined goals which are aligned with the firm's strategy.
- Manage the resource profile of the team (including time and attendance, absence and performance management and recruitment as/when required) so that the necessary resources are available during peak and steady periods to support BAU.
- Delegate tasks, set deadlines and facilitate regular team meetings with clear agenda items and follow-up on actions.
- Work with the ASC Client Manager to report on team performance and generate insights.
- Actively engage with members of ASC teams and support team initiatives.
- Develop positive working relationships with BD and Brand, Marketing & Communication teams.
- Work with ASC Client Manager to define service levels for all processes.
- Plan and manage the workflow to ensure even allocation across the team and in line with client expectations.
- Monitor the service management system to ensure service standards are met, records are updated in a timely manner, responses are accurate and in line with process and closed or updated with follow up actions diarised.
- Define appropriate process performance measures, track and report against these on a regular basis.
- Analyse and monitor the resource utilisation, volume metrics, day to day performance.
- Identify, make recommendations for and deliver service improvements using best practice, user feedback and feedback from the team.
- Monitor and resolve non-compliance, complaint and critical management issues to resolution, escalating as appropriate.
- Lead by example in delivering quality work and exceptional client service.
- Support the team in owning and presenting high quality work in line with client expectations and best practice.
- Inspire the team to reach for the next level and continuously improve the work product delivered.
- Work with the ASC Client Manager and project team to support the transition of BD activities and processes into ASC Client.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong leadership and team management experience.
- Significant front line business development or marketing experience, ideally within a law firm environment.
- Strong coaching and mentoring experience.
- Experience in working with service management tools.
- Proven track record of providing quality customer service.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload and assist other team members to achieve collective goals.
- Demonstrated experience responding to high volumes of queries, ensuring quality output.
- Ability to communicate effectively in clear and concise language verbally and written with peers and senior stakeholders across multiple jurisdictions.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (PPT, Excel and Word).
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines and demonstrate flexibility as required to perform under pressure.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work co-operatively and flexibly within own team and across other teams, locally and globally.
- Ability to work with remote teams with an understanding and appreciation of cultural differences and working styles.
- An innovative mind-set with a passion for developing and evolving the way you, and your team/colleagues, work.
P referred skills and experience
- Previous experience within a shared service or outsourced environment at a similar level.
- Experience in significant process improvements within in a business development and marketing team.
- Project managed the implementation of business transformation projects.