Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Business Area: Knowledge - Data Analytics & Governance
Role: Data Quality Consultant
Reporting to: Head of Data Analytics & Governance
Hours of work:
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, working flexibly to meet the demands of the role and your own work life balance. You will be required to be in the office between two and three days per week.
Ashurst is embarking on delivering an ambitious data strategy programme of work to uplift the data capabilities within the firm to meet the growing demand for insights through data. Data quality uplift is imperative to enable the firm to achieve the goals of the data strategy. This role will be instrumental in delivering a robust data quality framework with quality checks performed on a regular basis, with clean up exercises conducted in a rigorous fashion.
The Knowledge department aims to provide our lawyers and business services staff with the highest quality know-how, data, information resources and research support to enable delivery of consistently excellent client service.
Develop and implement firmwide Data Quality framework
- Assist the Head of Data Analytics and Governance in the development, implementation and administration of a Data Quality framework that can be applied broadly across the Firm.
- Develop an implementation plan so that the framework can be applied across our key data sets.
Data Quality measurement
- Develop a framework for data quality checks that are repeatable and easy to understand, monitoring and reporting on the metrics created by the checks.
- Determine business impact level for data quality issues.
- Work with Data Owners to determine the root cause of data quality errors and make recommendations for long term solutions.
- Guide the business in the development of initiatives to address root cause problems.
- Research and determine the scope and complexity of data issues so as to correctly identify steps to fix the issues.
- Prioritise the data cleansing initiatives required to improve the quality of data sets.
- In collaboration with the Data Literacy Consultant, raise the profile of good data quality practices within the firm.
- Provide data quality training and presentations to internal clients.
- Drive data quality initiatives across the firm, working with Data Owners and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to data quality standards.
- Identify, assess, monitor, document, and communicate potential quality issues in the way data is collected, stored, processed, or used.
- Provide data quality advisory services to internal clients.
- Diagnose areas of improvement to achieve data quality.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a data quality role.
- Passion for data quality as a discipline.
- Practical experience of all aspects of data quality management including a full end-to-end data quality implementation.
- Familiarity with data profiling and root cause analysis.
- Experience of creating data quality measurement and turning these into quality performance indicators.
- Good analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise work.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to convey data concepts in a non-technical way.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and business awareness.
- Open to change with a proactive and flexible attitude.
- Keen interest in understanding the business and lateral/analytical thinking.
- Knowledge of Data Management best practices.
- Keen interest in knowing the business and lateral/analytical thinking.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience of using data quality tools.
- A recognised data quality certification.
- Experience of a similar role in a professional services firm would be advantageous.
- Experience of working in a global team.