Our Business Continuity Team are recruiting an Asset Lifecycle Manager.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
You will work with our Head of Business Continuity, Facilities and Procurement Teams as well as numerous on site staff to develop and maintain an asset register/database, and to drive policies, practices, and procedures throughout CMNO's UK offices, with eventual scope to incorporate all locations worldwide. The Asset & Recovery Manager role will also look at preventative and resilient actions, such as warranty/end-of-life monitoring, and insurance reporting during incidents.
- Carry out asset inspections to confirm operational status and capability of equipment
- Use sector knowledge to decide on the most effective disposal strategy for each asset
- Develop & implement effective controls & processes to govern asset information
- Facilitate Service Review meeting internally and with external partners
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders & partners validating the accuracy of asset information
- Perform periodically audits on datasets, ensure the accuracy of the AMDB
- Deliver warranty and asset condition data to support capital investment programmes
- Help identify emerging risks in a large and complex estate which includes critical environments
- Develop, maintain, and validate asset management reports and emerging risks within the estate
- Promote and support a culture of continuous improvement
- Undertake asset valuations for underwriting and impairment purposes
- Act as internal advisor to senior management and staff
- Be aware of insurance relating to assets/contents
- Provide risk assessment reports in relation to impact on business continuity during any moves
- Monitor tracking and internal processes of data backup tapes
- Work with any internal or external personnel to ensure the protection of those assets and the accuracy of the record keeping
- Knowledge of Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Asset Control Systems
- Familiar with ITSM toolsets (e.g. ServiceNow, ADDM)
- Highly organised
- Good general management skills
- Responsive to changing environments
- Risk aware
- Good experience in data manipulation (e.g. MS Excel or SQL)
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven experience in a corporate environment - 3-5 years +
- Degree Level of Education
- ITIL Foundation and/or CMDB Practitioner
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.