Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and groundbreaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining our technical excellence with an unparalleled commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering you the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing outstanding legal advice to some of the world’s leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, we have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do. Our inclusive spirit will ensure your contribution is valued and you will enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. As a market leader, we will provide you with excellent benefits, facilities and training opportunities to support you in your career.
Would you like to join one of the world’s most prestigious law firms?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package, for an ambitious individual to join our London-based Business Analysis team ensuring excellence is being delivered to the business.
The Data Business Analyst will be involved in a range of projects to support the data-related activities such as data mappings, integrations, migrations and reporting/analytics, ensuring that they meet the data requirements of the firm.
These will be full-lifecycle projects, involving the Data Business Analyst at stages including but not restricted to: design, configuration, implementation, data migration and testing.
The Data Business Analyst will sit within the Technology department, but will work as a key member of the cross functional teams. The Business Analysis team is headed up by the Strategy and Architecture Manager and it compromises of 8 Business Analysts. The Business Analysis team sits within the Strategy and Architecture branch of the Technology department.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Undertake consultation with project stakeholders on data requirements
- Analyse data requirements, providing clear, concise and objective analysis
- Document data requirements and flows between systems (existing and future)
- Document and disseminate technical and business information, clearly and concisely
- Build relationships with key stakeholders including Business Analysts, Project Managers, Data Engineer/Analyst and technical vendor resources
- Liaise between technical and non-technical stakeholders supported by Business Analysts
- Close attention to detail, with an ability to process large amounts of information
- Ability to work independently, and produce clearly documented data documentation quickly and accurately
- Assist in the implementation of the chosen solution to ensure that it continues to meet the documented data requirements; and
- Be accountable for technical data documentation and support knowledge transfer / service transition as the projects go-live.
Candidates for this position must have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a business analyst role with a data focus
- Experience of effectively eliciting data requirements from a variety of audiences
- Experience of data requirements management, including documentation, assimilation, and translating requirements into solutions
- Experience of generating and collating accurate documentation
- Strong data analysis and mapping skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products and/or legal software
- Excellent communication skills and team collaboration
- A high standard of professional ethics
- Ideally BA accredited by either BCS or IIBA
- Experience of dealing with external suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Understanding and experience of the data-related challenges encountered within projects
- Ability to build trusted relationships within the project team
- Self-starter with the ability to work alone or as part of a team without constant supervision
- Flexible team player, happy to provide support to colleagues in a variety of areas
- Strong time management, organisational and meeting management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working to deadlines and maintaining a high degree of accuracy, organisation and composure
- Experience of working on IT projects, covering the full software development lifecycle
- Understanding and experience of a variety of project management methodologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)