Newcastle, Bristol or Plymouth – with hybrid (home/office) working options available
We are seeking to grow our IT team further by recruiting an Azure Engineer / Architect / M365 expert. This role will see you taking the lead on the design, architecture, security and delivery of the Firms Microsoft Azure Cloud platform, providing support and advice on the delivery of Cloud Services, M365, Azure stack and third party Enterprise Application integrations, adhering to best practice, internal processes and cyber security controls.
- Delivers subject matter expertise of Cloud computing with a primary focus on M365 and Azure with emphasis in security, architectural design, migration, management and support of implementations.
- Demonstrates consultative capabilities by providing value added information to stakeholders for connecting technology, security and the business value of M365 and Azure.
- Stays current of all things M365 and Azure related, including changes & updates, roadmap releases and third-party solutions.
- Documents designs (high level and detailed level), system configurations, governance, standards and procedures, training outlines and content, service descriptions.
- Utilises agile methodology values, principles and practices to deliver solutions
- Oversees and manage feature scopes, timeline, quality, risks, goals and deliverables that support business value
- Prepares and present reports/KPI's on the progress and success
- Facilitates meetings and decision-making processes
- Is able to communicate, defend and negotiate with stakeholders
- Works as part of the delivery team prepare quarterly planning and implementation of M365 and Azure based services through Project Delivery Teams
- Identifying the value that Microsoft tools can provide and promote their productivity benefits
- Develops and improves our SharePoint and Power Platforms.
- Champions Microsoft roadmap improvements
- Working knowledge of ITIL best practices, governance and change control relevant to Azure, Cloud infrastructure and internal on-premise related systems
- Provides expert advice and guidance on the use of Productivity tools and education of their benefits
- Assists in delivery of the CoE (Common Operating Environment) through continuous improvement practices
- Ensures the CoE adheres to all standards, methods, tools, and ways of working
- Provides professional coaching to other functions including development of proof of concepts to promote M 365 and Azure benefits
- Provides 3rd/4th line support including root cause analysis and defect resolution with emphasis in reducing effort associated with support
What will the ideal candidate look like?
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another related discipline (or have equivalent experience). They will also hold a Microsoft Cloud Architecture qualification (AZ-303) or have demonstratable equivalent experience, and be certified in areas of Microsoft Cloud including Azure and M365. Previous experience in a specific Cloud-based role around Azure stack Office 365 is essential.
We are looking for someone who is a critical thinker, has problem-solving skills and an analytical approach. Experience of leading and managing projects is also required, along with Azure architecture experience and practical implementation skills. Team work is so important in this role and as such, we are seeking a team-player with a can-do attitude, who takes pride in their performance and appreciates the impact is has on the wider success of the team. Great interpersonal and communication skills, together with coaching and mentoring capabilities are also required.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so being able to maintain excellent attention to detail whilst working under pressure and to deadlines is essential.
Who are we?
A Top 100 law firm globally and Top 20 law firm in the UK, Womble Bond Dickinson has more than 400 partners and 1,000 lawyers based across 19 US cities and seven UK cities including a significant presence in London. The firm's reach also extends to Europe where it has strategic partnerships with other law firms in Germany and France.
In the UK, Womble Bond Dickinson advises in excess of 40 FTSE 350 companies, many of the largest businesses in the country, government organisations and wealthy individuals. With a focus on eleven key sectors (Energy & Natural Resources; Financial Institutions; Healthcare; Insurance, Manufacturing; Real Estate; Retail and Consumer; Transport, Logistics & Infrastructure; Life Sciences & Pharmaceuticals; Technology and Private Wealth) the firm's experience allows it to build strong relationships and deliver an excellent service to clients.
What makes it great to work here?
We continually work hard to create an open culture that sets us apart from other firms. Our culture gives us much more of a human feel, emphasising that we're more than just suits! We like and make time for each other enabling us to establish professional relationships that can often become lasting friendships.
Through our D&I initiatives we create an environment in which difference is valued. We have a Diversity and Inclusion Group, led by our Board Sponsor, which works with our colleague networks (we currently have an ethnic diversity, an LGBT+, a family network and we're in constant dialogue with our people about how we expand our networks to better support everybody). We encourage applicants from all social backgrounds, ethnicities, disabilities, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
As signatories to the Mindful Business Charter, it's important that our people are able to maintain healthy and happy lives, both in and out of work. We have a number of resources and initiatives designed to support health and wellbeing, including our team of dedicated mental health first aiders. We recognise that getting the right work life balance is a priority for all of us and we're very happy to talk flexible working, full-time or part-time working patterns.
And that's not all, alongside a competitive salary you'll receive a flexible benefits package so you can pick and choose between the benefits that matter most to you.
If this sounds like your next career move then please get in touch to find out more. My name is Lisa Gater (firstname.lastname@example.org) No agencies please, we're an in-house recruitment team!
If this isn't the role for you (or the right time) why not connect with us on LinkedIn or follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@WBD_CareersUK) to keep up to date with all of our opportunities. We also have a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/womblebonddickinsoncareers/)