CMS' Business Continuity Team are recruiting. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a global scale ensuring we achieve the highest standards of safe, healthy working environments.
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent.
About the Role
- To develop and engage with the organisation on overall Health, Safety, and Business Continuity strategy in the UK and overseas and instil a strong culture of Health and Safety in the firm
- Gaining commitment and ownership with support of Safety, Health and Environmental guidance with responsibility locally and overseas
- Ensure compliance, developments and changes to Health, Safety and Business Continuity legislation, codes of practice, industry standards, HSE guidance, research and thinking, are captured to ensure the firms' policies evolve in line with best practice
- Ensure coordination and compliance of third-party suppliers including authorising invoices for services
- Advise Directors and Managers on all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure compliance with statutory obligations and conduct inspections
- Support Business Continuity Planning (BCP) in partnership with BCP team
- Support establishment of local business continuity teams by office, ensuring training is up to date and relevant staff and Senior Management are aware of their obligations
- Ensure continuity of 'New Starter' inductions, to include Safety, Health, Environmental and Business Continuity elements
- Responsible for ensuring all risk assessments, method statements, and actions required are up to date and monitored
- Management of workstation assessors, first aiders, fire marshals, contractors' procedures in place
- Responsible for facilitation of accident and incident reporting and investigations liaising with the appropriate external bodies as required
- Responsible for promoting the firms' green environmental initiatives including development, implementation, and training
- Ensure Safety, Health and Environmental awareness is embedded within the firms' culture and support newly evolving blended working environments and future developments
- Respond to evolving COVID regulations and government guidance with respect to ensuring a safe working environment for employees nationally and internationally
- Continually seeking to improve and exceed existing standards and consistent benchmarking within the industry
- Determining the budget for Health and Safety requirements on an annual basis
- Please be aware that this list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable ad hoc duties and requests
Experience and Qualifications
- NEBOSH qualified (or equivalent) - (Essential)
- Experience of Business Continuity Management - (Desirable)
- Project Management - (Desirable)
- Member of the BIFM - (Desirable)
- 5 years working in a large corporate or professional services environment
- Experience of contract management
- Experience of managing a team - (Essential)
- Proven working knowledge of writing risk/health assessments
- Evidence of up to date knowledge of legislation
- Proven working knowledge of Health & Safety within a corporate worldwide organisation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Influencing and communication skills at all levels
- Capacity to establish professional credibility quickly
- Project management skills
- Excellent leader
- Hands on approach
- Highly developed practical problem solving
- Socially independent and responsible
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to undertake or facilitate training or briefing programs
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.