Excellent opportunity for an ambitious and commercially astute Finance Assistant as part of our Accounts Payable Team to join a future facing, international law firm and take their career to the next level. About CMS
CMS is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep sector understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what's coming, but to shape it.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Our bold approach to a changing future ensures that we nurture our employees and recruit top talent. About the Role
The Finance Assistant will sit within our Working Capital Team, within the Finance and Accounting Department at CMS. The Finance Assistant will quickly build relationships with Team Members and Users of the Accounts Payable Function to ensure smooth processes and transaction of invoices and ExpensesThis is a hands on role, covering an ever expanding range of responsibilities, including:* Administration of Expense System - Chrome River
* Handling and resolving queries to ensure expenses are processed and allocated to matters promptly
* Administration of Travel Data allocated to expense system
* Processing weekly out of pocket payment run
* Administration of Corporate Credit Card Programme
* Reconciling monthly Credit Card Statements for 300+ users
* Providing monthly reports to budget holders
* Processing invoices
* Allocating payments to invoices paid by direct debit
* Working with Cashiers to complete bank reconciliations
* Validating bank details with Vendors
* General AP queries and calls from Vendors About You
The way in which we do business is ever changing. We are looking for individuals who are adaptable, proactive and able to quickly build professional relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
The right candidate will have:
* previous experience working in an AP Department
* experience understanding and processing expenses
* a high standard of computer literacy
* excellent communication skills, professional integrity and personal resilience
* commercial acumenThe ideal candidate will be able to:
* influence and inspire others
* quickly assimilate a large amount of information in a short space of time
* work in a fast paced environment at a rapidly evolving organisation
* manage relationships with tact and diplomacy
* work effectively as part of a team Equal Opportunities
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive.
For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here
to view the diversity pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits
page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.#LI-EM1